Hacking Need help getting sd card channel support on 3.2u

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlazeOnDeck said:
Need assistance on how to install the sd card menu to the system menu on softmodded ntsc wii 3.2u, any suggestions?
Use ModMii to update to system menu version 4.1U. Use the ModMii Wizard to install it and the latest IOS files.

BlazeOnDeck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
BlazeOnDeck said:
Need assistance on how to install the sd card menu to the system menu on softmodded ntsc wii 3.2u, any suggestions?
Use ModMii to update to system menu version 4.1U. Use the ModMii Wizard to install it and the latest IOS files.

So that means I would have to update my entire system menu, correct? is there a way to accomplish this without updating the entire thing? like maybe certain ios files?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlazeOnDeck said:
So that means I would have to update my entire system menu, correct? is there a way to accomplish this without updating the entire thing? like maybe certain ios files?
You have to update your system menu, and I recommend you do it with ModMii. However, there is no reason not to be on 4.1 anyway.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aijelsop said:
I believe you just have to update to 4.1+

Sorry.
Actually, anything 4.0 and above will work. However, the only difference between 4.0 and 4.1 is that 4.1 fixes a bug involving the Wii Sports Resort video.

4.2 and 4.3 are just for anti-homebrew purposes, so 4.1 is recommended if you want the features like the SD card menu to play VC/WiiWare games off your SD card.

BlazeOnDeck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
Aijelsop said:
I believe you just have to update to 4.1+

Sorry.
Actually, anything 4.0 and above will work. However, the only difference between 4.0 and 4.1 is that 4.1 fixes a bug involving the Wii Sports Resort video.

4.2 and 4.3 are just for anti-homebrew purposes, so 4.1 is recommended if you want the features like the SD card menu to play VC/WiiWare games off your SD card.

Ok sounds swavey, only reason i didnt want to update is the simple fact that i was worried what the result would be considering that I used DopMii to install the latest Shop Channel and remove the news and weather channels. Will this have any affect on the ModMii upgrade? also I dont want to convert all my sexy wii menu themes
tongue.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing 4.1U+IOS60 won't really change much. You will lose your Priiloader/Preloader (Priiloader can be re-installed afterwards) and any menu themes you had installed. I recommend you just use ModMii to install 4.1 and all of the latest IOS files. You will have to figure out what you are going to do about Wii themes yourself.

BlazeOnDeck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
Installing 4.1U+IOS60 won't really change much. You will lose your Priiloader/Preloader (Priiloader can be re-installed afterwards) and any menu themes you had installed. I recommend you just use ModMii to install 4.1 and all of the latest IOS files. You will have to figure out what you are going to do about Wii themes yourself.

ill use "my menu" to do the themes one by one, lol but thanks alot for the help. I'm gonna go do modmii in just a minute
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat