Need help getting my secret ID in Pokémon XYORAS.

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Ten Pound Cow, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Ten Pound Cow
    OP

Ten Pound Cow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    Is there a program or solid method out there to help me find my secret ID? I've tried looking up methods, but they either seem convoluted or don't work anymore.

Long Version:
    • I tried to use the lunarcookie QR code to find the SID, but it doesn't seem like it works anymore since it doesn't make my browser crash.
    • I saw there's a few ways to calculate and guess your SID, but you need to either guess your number within 16 numbers, you need other hidden information, or some other stuff I forgot off the top of my head. I wouldn't know how to figure out which number is the correct one even if I presumably calculated it correctly.
    • I believe you can use some kind of program to grab your pokémon's data, but it looks like it'll only work between firmwares 9.0-9.5 on sysNAND.

If it matters, I have 9.0 sysNAND, but my save files are located in my 10.5 emuNAND in my N3DS. I don't have an Action Replay, Powersave, or any cheat device to help me find my SID.

TL;DR Version:

Requesting for a program or method to find my SID in Pokémon XYORAS, preferably on 10.5 EmuNAND.

2. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Just dump your save with homebrew and open it in PkHeX

3. Ten Pound Cow
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    I don't think I have any homebrew, but I use SaveDataFiler to dump my saves. Is that okay? And if I can use SaveDataFiler, which file am I trying to open in PKHeX, would it be game0?

4. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    you should get a file called main from something similar to SD:\filer\UserSaveData\20150404224933(will be the date you dumped the save)\000011c4 (OR TID Low(?))\main if you are using SDF

Ten Pound Cow likes this.
  5. Games&Stuff

Games&Stuff GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Belgium
    Ten Pound Cow likes this.
  6. Ten Pound Cow
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    I extracted my data and found my secret ID after opening my file with PKHeX. Thanks a lot for your help! :yay3ds:

Ahh, maybe that's why I couldn't use the QR code to find my secret ID before; I tried to scan the code while I was on emuNAND 10.5. I'll try it on my 3DS that's on sysNAND 9.2 later. Thanks!

Games&Stuff likes this.
  7. Octoling

Octoling Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Same place as [INSERT NAME HERE]
    Use PKHeX