Hacking Need help getting my R4i Gold 3DS to work with my 3DS XL

AdamR4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently bought a flashcart (R4i Gold 3DS) to play some older DS games on my 3DS XL. I've downloaded Wood R4 onto the memory card and the DS recognizes the game, but when I load it up it flashes white and then goes to black. So I don't receive an error or anything.
I read online that you have to patch the card on an older DS before you can get it to work on a 3DS that is on a newer firmware. So I tried to load the card on my original DS but the same thing that happened on the 3DS happens (It recognizes the game but when I load it up, it just goes to black). I have an old R4 from years ago that works on my old DS if that will help it some way.
So does anyone know how I could fix this?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
check you have the correct kernel for your card, you need the specific files for the specific card you own, look on the card for a web address and only use the files from that website(one of the annoying things when the card has no URL on the label it usually means you have no chance of finding the correct files as there is 999 different R4 labeled cards all put out by different people needing different kernels)

if you got the files from the correct site, try reformatting your SD card or using a different SD card

AdamR4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
check you have the correct kernel for your card, you need the specific files for the specific card you own, look on the card for a web address and only use the files from that website(one of the annoying things when the card has no URL on the label it usually means you have no chance of finding the correct files as there is 999 different R4 labeled cards all put out by different people needing different kernels)

if you got the files from the correct site, try reformatting your SD card or using a different SD card

It says "www.r4ids.cn" on the card. I downloaded both WOOD R4 V1.64 and the newest upgrade patch. I extracted them both to my SD card.
I read somewhere that you have to upgrade the card on an older DS, but I cant find a way of how to do it on the first DS (Only other DS I own), and was wondering if someone here knew how to fix it

AdamR4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like either bad SD or you need to reformat the SD card, it would always work on the original DS if its set up correctly

If I do get it to work on my original DS, what do I do to update it so that I can use it on 3DS XL? Im guessing the "R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL_3DS.nds" file even though its supposed to be used on a DS Lite

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well if its doing the same thing (black screen) on both the 3DS and original DS it would likely just work on the 3DS once you resolve the issue, when the cards are blocked on the 3DS they would pop up saying "an error has occurred and the software has closed" if that screen doesn't show up it isn't blocked

AdamR4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well if its doing the same thing (black screen) on both the 3DS and original DS it would likely just work on the 3DS once you resolve the issue, when the cards are blocked on the 3DS they would pop up saying "an error has occurred and the software has closed" if that screen doesn't show up it isn't blocked

I tried a different SD card and it's still going straight to a black screen, after flashing white, on both the 3DS XL and DS. I'm starting to think that the card may be broke (Even though I only got it today)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1