Hacking Need help getting my G6 Lite to work.

Lightliquid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I followed the steps on this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36554

I figured my G6 was corrupt because at the green letters, all it said was 1 on yes then another 1 below yes to the left a bit. So I formated and its doing the same thing. Should I just wait and see if it launches the menu or is something wrong? Please help, thanks! Also ive been in the update screen for like 20 mins now.

(Note: Im still in the "Do you reload system?" green text thing and I already pressed yes.")

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
are you sure you are upgrading with the correct firmware? aka do you have an english version of the g6? If not you need to upgrade with the chinese firmware. Also make sure your g6 is in fat16 format.

Lightliquid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK well if I just let it load, its just a blank screen, aka nothing happends. Im guessing its broken and im sending in for a replacement.

Deleted member 48834

Trophies
XP
Hi Lightliquid,

I have about the same problem. I also see these 1's on the screen after pressing yes at the question:" Do you reload system?"
The G6 just doesn't boot anymore, not in GBA-mode or in NDS-mode. I can access it with USB, can format the card and everything, but it won't boot!
And this after playing with it for 3 days...

Lightliquid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um ive heard rumors that the G6 lite does not work on the new Ds lites. Ya... I currently have a new Onyx ds lite so is this my problem???

Sephiroth777

Trophies
XP
Country
hi i'm new here and i also got the same problem.. played with the g6 for 2-3 days (got it as a birthday gift) and it juss stopped working after i decided to pick it up to play from a period of down time (studying). After looking for solutions to this... i tried formatting the g6 in fat... failed... fat + mputility + format again = failed.... then i thot it might be the loader because i couldn't update the firmware either in gba mode... it just gave me the 1 (on yes) and 1 (bottom n left of the first 1) error thing. the g6 is still recognized by my pc and the passkey (superkey) still works... but everything i tried failed to bring it bak to life... it juss sits lifeless at "introduction of the g6" (NDS mode) and Blank screens (both) in GBA mode... please help!!! i don't kno wut to do anymore!! i even ran the test memory for the g6 and the results for both ram were "OK". i read in the m3 forums... u can realign the pcb? what's pcb? n how do i go about doing that? if anyone has a solution to this problem.. please help and shed some light to this hopeless man. thanks in advanced.

WishCow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Try different firmwares, you might be able to flash a different one into it.
Also make sure you are trying to flash the correct language.

Lynx The Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it doesn't work on new DS Lites I'm screwed big time, anyway, if that rumor is true, which it probably isn't try updating the Firmware on a GBA or a GBA SP, reformat the G6, in of course FAT16, put the update files on it and use a GBA or a GBA SP to update the FirmWare see if that works.

Lightliquid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone that cant get it to work, when did you buy your DS? I bought my Onyn DS as soon as it came out. The only one ive ever bought.

Sephiroth777

Trophies
XP
Country
hey... i tried updating the firmware in chinese big5 n gb and in english... all the same 1 and 1 error.. n i got my white ds lite in late june / early july of this year. and yea... i did format in fat 16 and the same problem still occurs.

Lynx The Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My friend got his DS last week or so, a white DS Lite, I called him over today to test this and it worked perfectly fine, we tested it with my G6 Lite and updated the firmware to English 4.5a without a problem, for now it seems to be working fine, I tested a bunch of DS games and GBA games and everything seems fine.

Hopefully when I get my DS it'll work too cause if it doesn't I'm screwed.

Again, test it on a GBA SP or an older DS Lite/DS

EDIT: Sephiroth, man yours worked and it stopped, now this might sound stupid but, could it be that some of the new games you flashed updated the DS Firmware so that the G6 doesn't work with it, you know how you had to delete the update.xbe on XBox backups when copyiong them to your HDD so that they don't update the dashboard or something, well maybe one of the latest games updated the DS Firmware.

Sephiroth777

Trophies
XP
Country
i have no idea man.... i hope that's not the case... i'll try to refund it or exchange it or something... luckily my ds can still play reg. gba and nds games with no problem... so at least i'm not at a complete loss... it might have auto-updated because i remember i didn't update the firmware before playing so it could've been that... haven't tried to open the g6 yet and i don't want to mess with that if i'm going to send it back in... hopefully some1 who had this problem and fixed it could share their solutions for this issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)