Hacking Need help from the Wii softmod Guru's... BootMii question

MrRochie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif
What is the best procedure to install Priiloader and Bootmii (as boot2) so when I push the power button it boots directly to the Wii menu?. When I install bootmii it always overrides priiloader hacks. and boots to the bootmii (4icon) screen first. When I go into priiload an pick system menu as a hack option it still boots to the bootmii icons... Plus on some Wii's I've softmodded, the homebrew channel does not show a bootmii option when you are tring to backout of it. In other words, I can't used the homebrew channel to get into bootmii because the option is not there.. Idea's ??? I believe I have the tools just need the proper procedure know how.... I go simply like this.
install HBC, DVDX, Bootmii then update to 4.2 if needed, next unstall Trucha, then remove stubs, install cios files then then last thing I do is install priiloader.... If I install priiloader first then BootMii still overrrides it.... just a little confused??? Thanks Dudes
blink.gif

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
bootmii as boot2 will be the very first thing thing you will see that boots up on a wii even if you have set priiloader to autoboot to an installed file, etc. you need to use bootmii config editor and change the countdown to 0, or change it manually yourself in the bootmii folder in your sd card. to access bootmii via hbc, you need to install it as an IOS.

the best option to update and softmod is to:
install HBC
restore trucha
update to 4.1 (try using wads instead of discs, as games with the 4.1 update contain boot2v4 which has a very small chance of bricking.)
install priiloader
delete stubs
install cios

or if you disagree with that, just follow the steps on the 'simplistic mod' thread

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
MrRochie said:
unsure.gif
What is the best procedure to install Priiloader and Bootmii (as boot2) so when I push the power button it boots directly to the Wii menu?. When I install bootmii it always overrides priiloader hacks. and boots to the bootmii (4icon) screen first. When I go into priiload an pick system menu as a hack option it still boots to the bootmii icons... Plus on some Wii's I've softmodded, the homebrew channel does not show a bootmii option when you are tring to backout of it. In other words, I can't used the homebrew channel to get into bootmii because the option is not there.. Idea's ??? I believe I have the tools just need the proper procedure know how.... I go simply like this.
install HBC, DVDX, Bootmii then update to 4.2 if needed, next unstall Trucha, then remove stubs, install cios files then then last thing I do is install priiloader.... If I install priiloader first then BootMii still overrrides it.... just a little confused??? Thanks Dudes
blink.gif

"When I install bootmii it always overrides priiloader hacks"
huh? bootmii doesn't do anything with priiloader even the hacks.ini

get a bootmii configuration editor, edit the bootmii configuration inside the bootmii folder. it is setup to boot bootmii. set it to autoboot system menu.

and on priiloader go to settings then set autoboot to system menu then save settings.

"the homebrew channel does not show a bootmii option when you are tring to backout of it"
your using the old HBC. use hackmii installer 0.6 install there the latest HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good