Need help from tempers with video skill

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Linkiboy, Oct 19, 2007.

Oct 19, 2007
  1. Linkiboy
    OP

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Does anyone know where i can get a cheap bluescreen? or if i can just use a white wall?

And what would be a good program to change the bluescreen to a transparency?

2. thomaspajamas

Member thomaspajamas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Adobe Premiere is the king of video editing for PCs and its pretty straightforward to do basic stuff on. I think you can download a fully functional trial version for 30 days if you want to see if it works for you.

As far as blue screens, I have no idea how to do it professionally, but I've had some success with experimenting around with them.

In premiere I think you can even use any color, it doesn't have to be blue (I use green, actually) which is nice because you can probably just use a big blue/green/whatever bedsheet if you have one laying around. I used a tarp and it worked out alright. A key thing is to make sure you have a lot of lights on from different angles to make sure you dont have weird shadows and to distinguish what your filming from the color of the background.

3. Linkiboy
    OP

United States
    I have premiere elements, but I dont see any option to use transparencies... any idea where it might be?

4. thomaspajamas

United States
    hmmmm letseee....

in premiere pro 1.5 you choose the clip you want, and then go to the effects bar and go down to video effects,

then to the group that says "keying"

in there they have a bunch of different things to choose like "green screen key" or "blue screen key", or the "chroma key"--which you can then go into the effect controls for it and choose exactly what color you want to remove from the clip.

Edit: Also if you go to the effect controls you can change the opacity to a different percent if you just want to make the entire clip transparent, but that wont look as good as keying out a background.

but yeah, they refer to it as "keying" in premiere, but im not exactly sure where they have it in elements, so if you can't find it you might be able to try searching for that in help to see what comes up.

5. Linkiboy
    OP

United States
    THANK YOU

it was indeed called keying. I can now finish my video and humiliate myself on the internet!

6. thomaspajamas

United States
    nice! glad to be of service