[Need Help] Friend tried to downgrade to 9.2

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Mistie, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Mistie
    OP

Mistie Legit Furry Trash

Jan 20, 2016
    Canada
    Hyrule
    So I convinced my friend to downgrade to 9.2 from 10.3 to do emuNAND and CFW shit. It failed during downgrade and was left on an incomplete downgrade. The settings app will not open, the internet browser will not open. OoT3Dhax will not work we do not have cubicninja, recovery update fails... What to do? Cart update will not work. Just boots game.

Hardmod not an option.

I believe the update fails because we have the browserhax DNS on

Last edited by Mistie, Feb 20, 2016
  2. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    You got some frakenfirmware (Wich is bad)! I don't know how to fix that...

KytuzuEX likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Got another 3DS (or a savedongle/powersaves) you can reinstall oothax with? You probably need to install the 9.2.0-28 payload to get oothax working again.
    Edit: http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-re...mware-w-o-upgrading-to-10-3-or-higher.413368/

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Feb 20, 2016
  4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    What firmware did you have OoT3DHax set up for initially, 10.3? If so, it might be a matter of just reinstalling it for 9.2 using another 3DS, such as yours.

5. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
  6. shadowofdarkness

shadowofdarkness GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2007
    Canada
    If the update is failing because of the DNS block go out of range of your Wi-Fi or unplug it temporarily then try the update and it should ask you to configure new Internet settings which you can do without the block. Or just go to a location that has free Internet that the 3DS uses automatically like McDonald's or Best Buy (I know Canadian McDonald's are not full zones anymore but I think the 3DS still auto uses the Internet) then use the Internet with no blocks.