need help for Wii Opera Browser

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by GizmoX, May 13, 2010.

May 13, 2010

need help for Wii Opera Browser by GizmoX at 1:56 PM (1,196 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. GizmoX
    OP

Newcomer GizmoX Newbie

Germany
    Hi everyone!

I've been looking for Internet Browser for Wii ( Opera Browser ) for a couple of days now. Ussually I find everything here, but it's been for 2 days now and the longer i search the more I get confuse. Sorry if I started a Thread that is similar to the others. Here's I wanted to do.

I wanted to install the Internet browser for Wii, but I can only do this through Wii shop and the Wii shop wanted me to update my system ( I have 4.2U ) but I don't want to do that. A coworker of mine told me that I can Install this as an IOS or WAD. But when I search, I only get HBC Browser, Firefox, etc etc... but not the one I needed. Can someone please point me out to the latest version of the Opera Browser for wii. Thank you in advance!!!

I wanted to do this, cause I read that TVersity works in wii and can access my PC for streaming purpose, for my kids when they wanted to watch cartoons or kids Movies, instead of burning them.

2. popoffka

Member popoffka GBAtemp Fan

Latvia
    First of all, links to WADs and IOSes aren't allowed here.
    Secondly, streaming will be really slow due to Wii's poor WiFi. It'd be better for you to buy an external HDD and put all your movies there and then watch them with MPlayer CE or WiiMC.
    And finally, you can just update your Shop Channel without updating your system using some homebrew apps.

3. bloodsheder

Newcomer bloodsheder Member

United States
    *make sure your wifi is on*
    download and install Dop-Wii from wiibrew.
    run and select a trucha'd ios.
    when you hit the menu select installed ios, select Wii shop and update, i don't advise installing any patches just the bare.

this tut sucs because im in school right now, if you prefer, wait until i get out so i can write this down descriptibly unless you can handle this yourself with limited instructions.

4. GizmoX
    OP

Newcomer GizmoX Newbie

Germany
    bloodsheder, sure I will wait thanks!!!

popoffka, sorry I did'nt mean to ask for the WAD or IOS, just don't want to be confuse about everything on this and do the right thing. Thanks anyway!

5. GizmoX
    OP

Newcomer GizmoX Newbie

Germany
    bloodsheder I'm still waiting. Thank you!