Need help for NDS R4 on n3ds with GW

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Codiox, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Codiox
    OP

Codiox Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hey, I'm really out of the New stuff so please be patient with me.

I have the ds profile exploit installed and using gateway since on my 9.2 new 3ds xl. Launching 3ds games and installing Cia on emunand from Devmenu works fine. I also have someting called ntr cfw installed for overclocking normal 3ds games.

So now I want to use my r4 card again, but am worried I will lose my ds profile exploit. Back then there was no permanent method for the ds exploit hack after using a ds flash card. Is there still no permanent way? How can I reinstall the hack after using my r4 card?

Thank you!

2. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    Hmmm... you have a VERY OLD exploit :S
    I recommend you following this guide: https://3ds.guide to get the latest CFW/exploit which are Luma3DS and boot9strap. With those installed you will get a permanent exploit (which will be executed at boot) and will be able to run DS flashcards without problems.
    If you still want to use your gateway card, then read this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/

If you want my recommendation, don't use gateway as you will get the same results by installing cias with Luma3DS. Also, make sure you don't update to 11.4 as gateway doesn't support it yet.

3. Codiox
    OP

Codiox Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Thank you, I still want to use my gateway because it's easier for me to just drag and drop 3ds Roms instead of installing cia for every game.

4. Codiox
    OP

Codiox Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I read some stuff and this is how I understand it:

The easiest way for me is to get the hbl through menuhax and just use the gw.3dsx to enter gateway mode/emunand. Then I don't have to rely on the ds profile exploit. Is this correct?

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes you can do that. Keep in mind that Gateway won't work over 11.2 so don't update your emuNAND.

6. Codiox
    OP

Codiox Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Nice! Can I use soundhax as temporary loading the HBL and then installing menuhax or are there any problems?

7. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yep you can do that!

8. Codiox
    OP

Codiox Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I also got a OG 3ds xl with gateway and 9.2, but the wifi switch is broken. Will my procedure work offline aswell?

9. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you can use SoundHax then you won't need an internet connection.