NEED HELP first time doing update my switch from version 10.0.4 to latest version

masterprosync

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can i update emummc to version 13 and leave it sysnand version 10.0.4? if there any issue if i boot back to sysnand 10.0.4 after updated my emummc version 13?

does this still work? can I update my emuMMC to 13.x.x and leave my sysNAND at 10.0.4? will my sysNAND still work after?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i update emummc to version 13 and leave it sysnand version 10.0.4? if there any issue if i boot back to sysnand 10.0.4 after updated my emummc version 13?

does this still work? can I update my emuMMC to 13.x.x and leave my sysNAND at 10.0.4? will my sysNAND still work after?
Why stay on 10.x?

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your sysnand and emummc have nothing to do with each other, you can update one without touching the other.

masterprosync

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
your sysnand and emummc have nothing to do with each other, you can update one without touching the other.
after i running emuMMC 13.x.x and i still can boot into sysnand 10.0.4 rite without any issue? will not cause burn fuses rite? or brick sysnand?

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are still confusing yourself, even if your sysnand stays on 10.x it wont affect your emummc. you can just update your emummc and forget the sysnad, or factory reset the sysnand and leave it

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill do you a soild, here a guide to update both your emummc and sysnand. (without nintendo)

Pre-Req. (Update Atmosphere and Sigpatches)
  • Download the latest release of HATS
  • Delete the existing Atmosphere, Config , Bootloader, Sept folder from your SD card
  • Extract the HATS pack to your SD card
  • download the latest Switch Firmware (currently 13.2.0)
  • Extract the Firmware files to a folder on SD card
Updating Sysnand
  • Boot into sysnand via Your HB launcher.
  • Go to homebrew menu via Album
  • Go to Daybreak and use it to select the Firmware folder
  • Install the Firmware (remember to select the option with the fat32+exfat)
  • Reboot console launch Sysnand (good job) :gun:
Updating Emummc
  • Boot into Emummc via Your HB launcher.
  • Go to homebrew menu via Album
  • Go to Daybreak and use it to select the Firmware folder
  • Install the Firmware (remember to select the option with the fat32+exfat)
  • Reboot console launch Emummc (good job) :gun:

Edit: you can do both emummc or sysnand or just whichever one you want to update, but you need to get HATS and the Firmware downloaded.

edit2: grammer.

Last edited by ninjistix,

ShineHigh247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an 11.0.1 andI set up my Switch with one guide, then switched to the Rentry when I learned of it. I followed steps but didn't understand what I was doing. I'm getting more comfortable but still having some issues.`

My sysMMC says it's at version 11.0.1 AWS 1.2.6S, so I had my CFW installed it on my Sys. I think.

My EmuMMC won't let me check the version as its saying "Update is Ready". Maintenance mode worked to erase that notification, so I turned off AutoRCM, booted into Maint., powered out and went back to my EmuMMC (which is in airplane mode). It still shows system update info rather than what version of firmware im in. The Atmosphere logo does appear when I'm booting into this, but I'd like to see what firmware I'm sitting on.

I boot into the "Stock" option in Hekate and it does bring me straight to version 11.0.1 - No Atmosphere.

What am I doing wrong? I'm about to update to FW 13.0.2, and now having an understanding, I'd like to have regular Sys FW and my EmuNand for my backups.

The update I'll do (13.0.2) should restore my Sys to normal. I'm not sure how to get my FW version from my EmuNAND with that notification.

I was referred to this thread. Any suggestions?

-------------------------------------------------

hekate_ipi:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
kip1patch=nosigchk

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
stock=1

[Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an 11.0.1 andI set up my Switch with one guide, then switched to the Rentry when I learned of it. I followed steps but didn't understand what I was doing. I'm getting more comfortable but still having some issues.`

My sysMMC says it's at version 11.0.1 AWS 1.2.6S, so I had my CFW installed it on my Sys. I think.

My EmuMMC won't let me check the version as its saying "Update is Ready". Maintenance mode worked to erase that notification, so I turned off AutoRCM, booted into Maint., powered out and went back to my EmuMMC (which is in airplane mode). It still shows system update info rather than what version of firmware im in. The Atmosphere logo does appear when I'm booting into this, but I'd like to see what firmware I'm sitting on.

I boot into the "Stock" option in Hekate and it does bring me straight to version 11.0.1 - No Atmosphere.

What am I doing wrong? I'm about to update to FW 13.0.2, and now having an understanding, I'd like to have regular Sys FW and my EmuNand for my backups.

The update I'll do (13.0.2) should restore my Sys to normal. I'm not sure how to get my FW version from my EmuNAND with that notification.

hekate_ipi:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1

[Fusee]
follow my instructions in the post above to update both your sysmmc and emummc to the latest atmosphere w/sigpatches

Reactions: ShineHigh247

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hekate_ipi:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1

[Fusee]
Try deleting the Wi-Fi settings in emuMMC instead of using Airplane Mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol