Need help finding the perfect cart.

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by flameo200, Mar 23, 2009.

Mar 23, 2009
  1. flameo200
    OP

Newcomer flameo200 Member

United States
    So I've been researching which GBA cart I should get. I'm looking for a cart that works with

-Fat DS
    -GBA SP/Micro

I thought I finally decided on getting the SuperCard SD off of dealextreme (can't find anywhere else reliable that still sells GBA stuff), but I've been hearing that the SuperCard's don't always run at full speed...

I'd also get a non-card cart with Flash Memory, but I'd like it to hold maybe 4-8 games if it's flash based.

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    The Supercard slot2's are a bad choice. My first flashcart was a SCminiSD slot2. Slowdowns in way too many GBA games was very disappointing. I have found the M3 Perfect to be a great cart with ZERO slowdowns in GBA games. Now, the M3 team doesn't seem to update their slot2's anymore, but if you're looking for one solely for GBA gaming, then the M3 is STILL a good choice. It will play most, if not all GBA games, it can serve as expansion RAM for things like the Opera Web Browser or some emulators like NeoDS.

I don't know about you, but the 3in1's just don't cut it for me, I like to have separate SD in the slot2, not use the slot1's storage for GBA stuff, so the M3 was a perfect match for me.

Don't know where you might get one of those anymore though as the place I got mine (RealHotStuff) doesn't seem to have them anymore.

Seems that many like the EZFlash slot2's also since they also had no slowdown in GBA games.

3. flameo200
    OP

Newcomer flameo200 Member

United States
    All the M3 carts I'm finding aren't GBA compatible...do you know any other sites besides dealextreme and Real Hot Stuff?

Real Hot does have an EZ IV
    http://www.realhotstuff.com/ezflash-size-p-294.html

But I'd rather not spend $35 on a cart if I can do better

4. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    It's less than the price of 2 new GBA games, and it's the cart I've seen most highly recommended by the users at GBAtemp in the past year or two. I'd say it's worth it.

DealExtreme does list the EZ-IV but last time I checked it had been on back-order for months. The fact that RHS says the cart won't come in original packaging indicates to me that they're selling the very last few they've got.