OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find this game anywhere for sale at the regular $39.99 MSRP. I need USA version on cartridge. Amazon has them inflated for $80+, and that's just absurd. Why is this happening? Has nintendo stopped cartridge production for the game?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This game has been out of print for awhile. Finding a copy even used at $40 isn't gonna happen, unfortunately.

Its because of Gateway 3.1
No it isn't. The game was at about $70 prior to the release of the 3.1. There was increased demand after the release of Majora's Mask 3D, and when combined with the shorter supply, prices shot up.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I noticed the prices went high before 3.1 GW was released, and I'm just trying to find the game in a retail store close to me, but nobody bothers carrying it or restocking it, and the dock workers on strike are keeping Nintendo products from reaching many store shelves, which by itself sucks...

I guess this thread is pointless now that Gateway released their 3.1 exploit, requiring the game shortly after I made this thread. I doubt I'll ever find a factory-sealed copy at MSRP now. This infuriates me, and makes me want to buy a Sky3DS just to spite them and spit in their faces.

So thanks Gateway team, for making my already-difficult task now impossible, you fucking jerks. :yaynds:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah, I noticed the prices went high before 3.1 GW was released, and I'm just trying to find the game in a retail store close to me, but nobody bothers carrying it or restocking it, and the dock workers on strike are keeping Nintendo products from reaching many store shelves, which by itself sucks...

I guess this thread is pointless now that Gateway released their 3.1 exploit, requiring the game shortly after I made this thread. I doubt I'll ever find a factory-sealed copy at MSRP now. This infuriates me, and makes me want to buy a Sky3DS just to spite them and spit in their faces.

So thanks Gateway team, for making my already-difficult task now impossible, you fucking jerks. :yaynds:
The strike is over is it not?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to find this game anywhere for sale at the regular $39.99 MSRP. I need USA version on cartridge. Amazon has them inflated for $80+, and that's just absurd. Why is this happening? Has nintendo stopped cartridge production for the game?
Yes, it's been out of print for some.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's been out of print for some.

That's sad to hear. I've been buying up copies of Majora's Mask like crazy, saving them for scalping in about 10 to 15 years. My goal is 20 to 25 copies before it stops being printed.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop is offering them used at $54.99. If there is any stock left at your local gamestop, you can get it cheaper there than Amazon, Ebay, etc.

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made this thread BEFORE Gateway released their crap-tastic exploit, but thanks for reading the thread... -.-
Here's the thing: I have my own copy of the game I've had since launch, but it's of no use to me. Since I wasn't at all interested in the N3DSXLs, I imported a <9.2 N3DS from Australia. Long story short, region locking is a bitch and I need a PAL copy of the game.

If you or anyone else had a PAL copy, I'd be willing to negotiate a trade. But it seems you're in the states as well, so you likely can't get one anyway.

Sorry :/ Prices for the game worldwide are ridiculous. You can't expect to get it for any less than $60, it would seem.

Reactions: Jayro

Sum Pro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I regret not picking up all Zelda OOT at Target a while back when they where on clearance for $9 I just got me a copy and posted on a bargain site here in So Cal letting everyone know.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's the thing: I have my own copy of the game I've had since launch, but it's of no use to me. Since I wasn't at all interested in the N3DSXLs, I imported a <9.2 N3DS from Australia. Long story short, region locking is a bitch and I need a PAL copy of the game.

If you or anyone else had a PAL copy, I'd be willing to negotiate a trade. But it seems you're in the states as well, so you likely can't get one anyway.

Sorry :/ Prices for the game worldwide are ridiculous. You can't expect to get it for any less than $60, it would seem.

I might have to bite the bullet and just pay the $80 for it... But I'm picking up extra copies of Majora's Mask, Ruby, and Sapphire each payday, so I won't be making this same mistake of not getting the games while they are regular price and on store shelves; Lesson learned.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has always limited the amount of copies they allow printed for titles and it causes titles for their systems to stay at a high price point in both the new and sand_hand markets. Especially for 1st and 2nd part titles as well as popular titles. Nintendo treats each game they release themselves like legendary pokemon pre-wifi network. It's one of the main reason friends of mine will not buy a nintendo system again past the Nintendo 64 and/or gamecube.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4OywilYauQ