Need Help finding buying a R4I Gold 3ds rts

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by N0n@me, Jun 4, 2015.

1. N0n@me
    OP

N0n@me GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2015
    United States
    I need help with finding a store to buy a R4I gold 3ds rts which is this card http://r4ids.cn/. I am having trouble finding a store that is will let me buy as I am using a Vanilla Visa Gift card that is only valid in the US. I have tried some sites like http://www.thegamerdepot.com. I tried a few and they all give me a error like Bankinfo: Do not honor, Or Transaction not allowed for the cardholder which i guess means the store is not fully based in the us. If you can also help me find one that ships fast as i am leaving for a trip in couple of weeks and would like to have the flash card to take with me.

2. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    I haven't exactly searched ModChipsDirect but you should try it since frome what I've heard, they're a US based seller and they ahve good credibilitu

3. Larsenv

Larsenv RiiConnect24 Developer

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    Texas
    Use ModChipsDirect, I ordered it from there, fast shipping and works great. :)

cvskid likes this.
  4. Mumsie

Mumsie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2015
    United States
    I actually have this exact same issue OP! At first I tried new3dscard.com and it didn't work. Then I tried 3DSgamerworld and it didn't work either. After that I tried ModChipsDirect and the transaction went through as I've received a confirmation email and an invoice for my order. I did read on their website though that their merchant account isn't usa based? I always read that they don't charge your card until before they ship it and they apparently only do that once a day. So I'm still kind of waiting to see if my card will go through or not. I mean I have an invoice for my order and it looks everything is ok with it, but I honestly don't know for sure. They haven't charged my card yet. Honestly if this doesn't work I'm about to just ask my roommate if I can use his debit card and just pay him cash as this is annoying.

Also I just want to confirm that this is the card I want right? http://www.modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
    That's the only R4i ModChipsDirect had and from the looks of it, it does say www.r4ids.cn on it which I read on here is the way to tell if it's real or fake. If it has that website on the card it's supposedly real. Can any experienced users tell me if that is the correct card? I have a NDS lite that I'm just trying to play NDS roms on.

5. Xygrid

Xygrid Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2012
    United States
    Texas
    I ran into this a year ago... no bueno...(vanilla is not fun) ... gift cards are such a devious scam... I ended up setting up a paypal account... but I don't remember if I was ever able to use the money on the card anywhere but around town ....

6. Mumsie

Mumsie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2015
    United States
    Yeah so modchipsdirect also declined my payment because they also use a charge company that is outside of the US.

7. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
  8. Mumsie

Mumsie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2015
    United States
  9. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    ahhh no worries, its a very good cart.

10. Mumsie

Mumsie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2015
    United States
    Oh and just a quick question. All I want to be able to do is to put NDS games on this cart and play them on my NDS Lite. From what I've been reading all I have to do when I get the card is: format my micro sdhc card, extract the wood 1.64 firmware on the micro sd card, make a folder for my games, load my games, and play. If I missed a step, please tell me. Hopefully it will be that simple. I've been dying to play Pokemon Heart-Gold/Soul-Silver for months now and I'll finally be able to go back to my glory days in Johto.

I've also heard that some people are having freezing issues with their Heart-Gold/Soul-Silver games? Not sure if this will happen to me, but I sure hope it doesn't. IIRC wood 1.64 should support almost every single nds game, right?