Need help finding a recipe.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE NOTE: I do not know if this is more suitable here or in a blog. If it's determined to be better in a blog, please move it to one.

I tried to find this recipe anywhere, but I simply cannot find it.
I am needing it because frankly, it tastes really dang good, but is pricey, and I'm wanting to make it without all the cost.

It's Salmon Belle Mar
http://blog.borngeek...lmon-belle-mar/

There's pictures of some guy showing it off and saying where to find it.

Does anyone know how to make it, or can anyone find any recipe for it?

PS - If you can afford it, pick some up for yourself. You won't believe how good it is, even if you don't like Salmon that much.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
That looks delicious.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I think that is an exclusive recipe that only the Sonoma Corp. owns.

That's their best selling most popular item appearently. I found the ingredient list though.
Ingredients:

Farmed Salmon [Farmed Salmon Raised with Feed Containing Astaxanthin and(or) Canthaxanthin (Pigments Which are Some of the Carotenes Found Naturally in Wild Salmon], Cooked Rice (Rice, Water), Imitation Crab Meat (Threadfin Bream Surimi, Water, Wheat Starch, Non-GMO Soybean Oil, Sugar, Salt, Egg Whites, Crab Extract, Crab Flavor, Seafood Seasoning, Mirin [Rice Wine], Calcium Carbonate, Paprika and Carmine (Natural Colors), Mayonnaise (Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Whole Eggs, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Egg Yolks, Salt, Spices, Lemon Juice Concentrate), French Bread Crumbs (Enriched Flour [Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Salt, and Yeast) Monterey Jack Cheese (Pasteurized Cultured Milk, Enzymes, Sea Salt), Water, Onions, Cooked Shrimp Meat (Shrimp, Salt), Sugar, Salt, Seasonings.

Potential Allergens: Fish, eggs, wheat, shellfish, soy.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks delicious.

Oh it is, but at $9 for 12 ounces of food, it's expensive as hell.

@Jugarina - Oh, that'd suck. Still you can find the ingredients on the packaging itself. The proble is that there are a number of not defined things like Seafood Seasoning, Seasonings, and Spices. not to mention some of the ingredients are nearly impossible for a regular person to get a hold of in a cheap way: Crab Extract, Marin, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Lemon Juice Concentrate, and Cooked Shrimp Meat. I was hoping someone found some sort of imitation way of making it.

Looks like I'll have to experiment to try to find a good imitation. If anyone else does and stumbles on something that tastes like this, let us know.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll keep looking for the recipe If It's out there somewhere when I have time over the week. I did notice that even though this tastes great according to reviews It is really bad for you as It is about 60% fat and the salmon itself that they sell is farm rasied so the chance that It is GMO cloned fish is high. Then again, If your condition only allows you to live into your 30's I don't think you need to worry about eating healthy. If I was in your shoes I would be looking for natural/alternative treatments/cures for my disease everyday.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll keep looking for the recipe If It's out there somewhere when I have time over the week. I did notice that even though this tastes great according to reviews It is really bad for you as It is about 60% fat and the salmon itself that they sell is farm rasied so the chance that It is GMO cloned fish is high. Then again, If your condition only allows you to live into your 30's I don't think you need to worry about eating healthy. If I was in your shoes I would be looking for natural/alternative treatments/cures for my disease everyday.

Actually, I've been told dozens of times by my doctors that I need to gain weight, so if anything, it'll be good for me.

Also, the last thing you said is a 100% waste of time, there is no treatements for it I'm not already on (I have 17 medicines daily, only 8 of which are pills) for it. I am 24 years old, and have had CF all my life, trust me, I've already tried that many times over the years.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I always thought that carbohydrates is what you would want to eat to gain weight. Doesn't fat intake have more to do with clogging up your veins and arteries, (circulation of blood, heart attack risk)?

Trying to cure a disease is never a waste of time and It makes me sad hearing you say that. For every problem there is a fix. All that is needed is to find a way to shut down that gene in your DNA that caused It.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All that is needed is to find a way to shut down that gene in your DNA that caused It.

Which hasn't been done since CF was found, around 1700. I'm not getting my hopes up for a reason. Sorry if I seem pessimistic or something, I'm being realistic.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the salmon itself that they sell is farm rasied so the chance that It is GMO cloned fish is high

..... And?

Anyway "Crab Extract, Marin, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Lemon Juice Concentrate, and Cooked Shrimp Meat" hard to get?

Crab can usually be found as one of the seafood stew bases/pie or at least in the same place as it (find a proper fishmonger and they will probably be able to sort you out), canola oil is otherwise known as rapeseed oil and is not hard to get (indeed there is an entire field giving me the snotters right now), lemon juice concentrate- what do you have on your pancakes?, shrimp/prawns should not be that hard to find either.

This is actually called something else whenever I saw it but I have forgotten the name. I shall consult the shelves of cooking books and see what I can drum up (there is not much in the way of seafood cookery it seems but I did find some things that were fairly close). In the meantime you might want to find a breaded garlic cheese and rice stuffed fish recipe and adapt that you will probably get close (in short make cheesy rice balls stuff it in a pocket in the fish, bread the fish and do whatever you want with herbs along the way before oven cooking or maybe grilling the fish and you should be there.

Reactions: 1 person

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
lemon juice concentrate- what do you have on your pancakes?
Nutella.

:ph34r:

I agree, the recipe looks straightforward enough, the only problem are the herbs and seasonings, that might take a little/lot of experimentation to get right (since the list of ingredients probably just says "spices"), but other than that it shouldn't be hard to cook up a pretty good facsimile.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
the salmon itself that they sell is farm rasied so the chance that It is GMO cloned fish is high

..... And?

Anyway "Crab Extract, Marin, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Lemon Juice Concentrate, and Cooked Shrimp Meat" hard to get?

Crab can usually be found as one of the seafood stew bases/pie or at least in the same place as it (find a proper fishmonger and they will probably be able to sort you out), canola oil is otherwise known as rapeseed oil and is not hard to get (indeed there is an entire field giving me the snotters right now), lemon juice concentrate- what do you have on your pancakes?, shrimp/prawns should not be that hard to find either.

This is actually called something else whenever I saw it but I have forgotten the name. I shall consult the shelves of cooking books and see what I can drum up (there is not much in the way of seafood cookery it seems but I did find some things that were fairly close). In the meantime you might want to find a breaded garlic cheese and rice stuffed fish recipe and adapt that you will probably get close (in short make cheesy rice balls stuff it in a pocket in the fish, bread the fish and do whatever you want with herbs along the way before oven cooking or maybe grilling the fish and you should be there.

Well for one, genetically modified foods should be labeled as such but they are not but It is OK with them to label ingredents that are GMO free....what gives.
The next issue is safety and ethics, The transgenic salmon is the first GE animal intended for food, yet the human health impacts of eating these GE fish are completely unknown.
They also pose unacceptable risks to wild salmon and the marine environment.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will happily give you some modified stuff would not do wonders out in the wild (although this is demonstrated just as well with domesticated cats and wildcats and/or the likes of cane toads in Australia) but the rest I will have to avoid commenting on as it would be best to keep the thread on topic/civil (suffice it to say I am half inclined to group such lines of logic with those against vaccination). On the other hand I have always (well since I learned about them) wanted to munch upon an aurochs so if you have a source available please point me at it.

OK to label as GMO free..... marketing is a wonderful thing and if people are going to be somewhat irrational (although humans are not terribly prone to rationality) then part of marketing 101 is play to it.

Nutella on pancakes.... I have really been enjoying some hazelnut cereal these last few weeks (supermarket had it on £1 special or possibly introductory offer for a decent sized box) so I might have to try that next time pancakes appear.

Reactions: 1 person

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
If you want to clone some extinct animals to eat that's fine with me just keep them to yourself. As for vaccinations, you can take all the ones they try to force on me and be double protected. I'd even pay you to take them as long as they stop waving their signs in my face everywhere I go.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you want to clone some extinct animals to eat that's fine with me just keep them to yourself. As for vaccinations, you can take all the ones they try to force on me and be double protected. I'd even pay you to take them as long as they stop waving their signs in my face everywhere I go.
I'd gladly clone a dinassour to try and eat it's meat... In lots of cartoons they say it's good. D<

On topic, I've also seen that recipe somewhere else... Don't really remmember where...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?