Need help finding a Game...

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ralamzull, Nov 20, 2007.

Nov 20, 2007

Need help finding a Game... by ralamzull at 1:31 AM (1,000 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. ralamzull
    OP

Newcomer ralamzull Member

United States
    I'm looking for an RPG-ish game much like Ultima or Divine Divinity for either NDS or GBA... you know what I mean... 2d almost 3d top down adventure. I was wondering about possably running an SNES emulator on my NDS but I couldn't find any screens, nor any roms for the ultima games made for it. So then I was wondering if anyone whos a fan maybe spit out some homebrew ports... nope... nodda... so I finally resort to asking people if anyone knows of a game like this... Kinda like a diablo clone type thing... (not sure what came first... the 3d, top down versions of ultima or the original diablo... huh...)

anyway, thanks!

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Well, there's a lot of RPG's, but I'm not exactly sure if there is one like that. :< Uhh...maybe Orcs and Elves if you wanna try something different...?

3. makku_minezu

Newcomer makku_minezu Newbie

Philippines
    you mean hack and slash top down isometric games similar to the games you mentioned? The closest one to those games on DS right now is "Dungeon Explorer - Jashin no Ryouiki"(diablo like, awesome!), its in japanese tho so youre gonna have to wait till feb for the US release [​IMG] you can have your hack and slash fill with children of mana tho and lunar knight [​IMG]
    on the GBA theres "baldurs gate" and "Dungeons and Dragons - Eye of the Beholder"

4. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Oh, I thought he meant like English only :X

5. ralamzull
    OP

Newcomer ralamzull Member

United States
    lol, i did, but hey suggestions are appreciated. I'll try the gba releases since I've run through both lunar knights and children of mana... Lunar didn't grab me right away, and children... follows the mana tradition of childish gameplay and story... wasn't really feelin' it. Thanks tho for the speedy replies guys!

6. DarkCrudus

Member DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    rpgs that i know of/have
    front mission
    naruto path of the ninja
    dragon quest monsters - joker
    (of course pkmn)
    etrian odyssey
    FFIII
    heros of mana
    hoshigami
    luminous arc
    lunar dragon song
    magical starsign
    mario and luigi partners in time
    (i suppose the megaman starforce games)
    orcs and elves

(sorry prolly not wat ur looking for considering these are all turned based)

7. Jaejae

Member Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

New Zealand
    No Idea if they work, but I have seen some Ultima SNES roms, and tere is no reason why they shouln't work with SnemulDS, they dont use the co-processor.
    Edit: Just checked the compatibility list, Ultima - Runes of Virtue II (U) work, it just has problems with the movies, you have to skip them if they play up.