Need help figuring out different firmwares that can work for R4 clone

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Gregorio Hagopian, May 21, 2014.

1. Gregorio Hagopian
    OP

Gregorio Hagopian Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2014
    United States
    Hey Everyone. I need help figuring out this puzzle I've been working on for a while with this R4 Card clone. I recently bought this from a guy locally on craigslist for $20 and found out later when the guy disappeared that the r4 was a clone. This r4 card originally came from www.r4i-sdhc.hk when the website was up until it was shut down. I have the last firmware for it before they have shutdown and the r4 clone works for most games but does not support GBA or newer games. For example like pokemon black 2 or something else that came out around 2013. I been researching discussion and noticed a topic at this link http://gbatemp.net/threads/got-a-cloned-clone-r4-card-fake-r4i3d-trying-to-identify.291745/ that someone made talking about the r4 clone working with original firmware and software by knowing the chip and where it original came from. I want to do the same or find a way to flash the card to have a different firmware so I can make this card work better. I have uploaded and attached the update.nds for anyone who wants to take a look at it to figure it out or something.

Here are some pictures of the card and board for it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These are what the files look like.
    [​IMG]

I also have the .nds file that flashes the cards firmware if anyone needs it.

Does anyone have any information that we can partner up with to figure out or help with.

Attached Files: