[Need help] FBI is not working on my n3DS with PastaCFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Traiver, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Traiver
    OP

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 1, 2014
    Germany
    Pew! *Out of the bag*
    see above.

Plus: When I start CN, PastaCFW runs fine. When I start CN a second time and try to run FBI, it wont lt me install any CIA's.

(Created already title.db and import.db in "dbs" folder")

Thanks for any help.

XRaidersP likes this.
  2. EHG

EHG Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    You won't be able to install CIA's launching ninjhax in emunand because rxtools/pasta loads a firmware that doesn't support the required exploits. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I have been working on the same goal for a few hours now. So far what I have found is that the only working method of installing a working FBI into emunand on a N3DS is by injecting it over an existing app, usually the Health & Safety app. This is exactly what I have done with help of decrypt9 and universal inject generator.

However I face a new problem. I can launch the latest FBI just fine in emunand now but it will always hang when attempting to install a CIA. No errors this time just stuck on the progress bar screen with 'Press B to cancel'.

Edit: Resolved by using reiNAND to launch my emunand. Same injected FBI now works.

Last edited by EHG, Nov 21, 2015
  3. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    he didn't mention emunand....
    btw, pasta is sysnand only...
    and the thread is ...................................

4. EHG

EHG Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    My apologies I shouldn't assume. I'll just tag along on the thread since my problem is similar.

5. Superbossboo

Superbossboo The Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    I can install cia's just fine with browserhax and themehax. Both 3dsx and CIA versions of FBI work. I'm on N3DS and using Pasta as well. What I do is use themehax (or browserhax) to load Pasta and then use browserhax right after to load the 3dsx version.

6. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    But did you have the 3ds repair the files? Just making them doesn't help