Hacking Need Help, Faulty Port 0!

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all. please can someone help.i have done lots of testing and my port 0 wont play usb games anymore (tho it will still load homebrew etc) however i got a port 1 version of uloader and all games work fine. is there anyway usbloader gx can load from port 1?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look on the CFG loader page for a ehci module that uses the other port. you can put that on your SD card and the loader will use it so it will use the other port. check the sourcecode in the mload/mload.c file for the correct path to use.

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i got the ehci module port 1 from their site. now i dont know what to do. please help. ill love you forever! lol ive got the usbgx source and clicked in source,mload/mload.c then theres lots of txt that i dont understand. do i have to compile it all? cos i have no idea what to do :>

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ehcmodule.elf

so all i do is put ehci module port 1 in that directory. you think ill have to rename it to the above name? ill try both now

thanks for your help. ill love you forever now if this works like i said haha. i hope it does. uloader is butt ugly!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tried it myself and my HDD plugged in the normal port didn't work. i moved it to the top port and its fine.

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok is it the ehcmodule4.elf_port1 file?

then i have my hdd setup for wbfs and ntfs for files. i put this file in usb/app/usbloadergx next to the dol, meta and png file... is this correct?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i said sd didn't i? not usb. we have not set up for it to be read from usb.

and rename it so the path matches exactly the one i the source code.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I assume you have cIOS222 installed:

Launch uLoader 4.0 (put it in SD://apps/uloader/boot.dol)

press 2 to enter in DVD mode
press HOME
look at "uLoader hacks" and config the program to port1

Done.

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok cool. ill go try that at let you know. thanks for the help. i do have 222 install. like i said it works from port 1 in uloader, bt i want to use usbloader gx. i love it! when i put my hdd in port 1 and load gx it says it cant find it. load from 249 or 222 i click 222 but nothing. but ill try this once i finish work, please check back :>

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Again, ok its not working for me bt i think its the "rb" part at the end below...

fp=fopen("SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ehcmodule.elf","rb");
if(fp==NULL)
fp=fopen("SD:/apps/usbloadergx/ehcmodule.elf","rb");

my setup up is SD:/apps/usbloadergx/ehcmodule.elf but whats the "rb" part?

so ive put the echmodule.elf file next to the boot.dol. is that right? and the only way i know how to boot into 222/223 is to not put my hdd in any port and it will say hdd not detected, boot in 222 or 249, so i choose 222. is that right?

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes! its worked! thanks so much. i dont know what i did. i just got the new rev 899 and tried again and now it works on the new port. thanks again so much. ur awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol