Hacking Need Help! "Error with Moonshell 2"

El Nel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys,
Just updated to the newest release of Moonshell and now, yeah u guest right, it does not work.

I get this error-Message on Moonshell-Startup saying:
"The cluster size that exceeds 32kbyte is not supported. Application halted !!"

I can remember that I got the older version (with the exact some Error-Message) to work, by only changing an option (i think in moonshl2.ini). But I was silly enough to just delete the old version, so I cant compare the files
frown.gif

I think I found this fix on this forum, but cant find it anymore
unsure.gif

Would be nice if somebody could help me out :-D

El Nel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, I think I can now remember what I did.
As I remember I disabled the CheckDisk which Moonshell does on Startup.

So, is there anybody who knows how to disable CheckDisk on PC/moonshl2.ini?

rgds

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just format the card with the official SD formatter. It should fix that problem. But you have to keep in mind that formatting the card will delete everything on it, so you should back up anything you want to keep.

El Nel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,
thanks for your reply.
I dont think that this will work since I have no SD-Card. Its a Slot1 Fireline with an built in formating-program.

Nevertheless I tried the SD-formater....I only get a "write-protection"-error.
frown.gif

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own. Always use the "Add/Remove Hardware Safely" function before removing the reader.
STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
STEP 6: If the latest firmware doesn't work sometimes downgraded firmwares can achieve working results. Try downgrading, if it doesn't resolve just go back up to the latest firmware again.
STEP 7: There are times where the official firmware for your specific cart isn't up to par with the alternatives created. Try a legit alternative firmware for your flashcart. eg, (DSTT/R4 -->YSMENU), (Acekard--->AKAIO), (M3 DS Real---> Sakura) so forth..
STEP 8: If you're using cheats maybe they are faulty. Get rid of them and get them from a reliable source.
Or just dont put them on period.
STEP 9: Possibly the "GAMES/ROMS" you have are faulty. Obtain ones from a new location...
STEP 10: Try another DS. If possible.
STEP 11: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.

Tell us if it works or not~ Good luck.

El Nel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
First, thanks for the reply....

But my Flashcard works just perfect. All Games and Apps work, just Moonshell 2 doesn't. (but it has already worked, as I said)

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi everyone.

Just to let you know, I have a DS Linker (DS Linker Firmware 1.45 & xmenu 2.55) which is an N-Card clone & Moonshell2 does work. You need to use moonshl2_DirectBoot.nds & edit the moonshl2.ini file as follows :

[DiskAdapter]
; SlowDiskAccess: '64kbyte cluster FAT disk' demands 1.
SlowDiskAccess=1
CheckDiskType1=0
; Ignore16bitReadTest: Requirement 0.
Ignore16bitReadTest=1
; AutoDetect1632bitsReadAccessMode: Requirement 0.
AutoDetect1632bitsReadAccessMode=1

You can either format your card using an app called Panasonic SD Formatter (http://panasonic.jp/support/sd_w/download/ftp/sdfv2003.exe) or via DS itself.

If you want to use the Reset to Firmware function in Moonshell2, you need to add a file called nrio.nds to the resetmse folder inside moonshl2 folder. You can download it here - http://www.dslinker.cn/download/DSLinker_145_253_2.rar. Rename the file udisk.nds to nrio.nds & place this in the resetmse folder.

Here is the link for the DS Linker Firmware I am using - http://www.dslinker.cn/download/DSLinker_145_253_1.rar

Hope this helps people
smile.gif

retrogamefan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm