Gaming Need help deciding if I should buy.

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I want to buy a Star Wars Edition PSP from Ebay becuase it has a hackable mobo and can create pandora so i dont have to wait forever for dealextreme's pandora battery to arrive. I thought about it for a while and im wondering, is a psp a good choice? its defiantly not like a ds where an 8gb card will get you storage for 100+ games. from what i know psp with a memory stick holds wayyyyyy less games.

am i missing something? is there a way to hold those 30 or so games that i will love and want to play being able to play any of them at any moment with out having to add/remove isos/csos with a computer? if so what memory stick should i buy and why?

any comments/suggestion would be nice. thanks
yaypsp.gif

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Everybody's opinion differs. I had a PSP for the homebrew and a select few exclusive titles. I generally played GBA or NDS more than my PSP but now that my nds IS BROKEN, I tend to play my PSP alot more than usual. What are you looking for anyways?

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to play homebrew, emulators (nice screen for a GBA EMULATOR
biggrin.gif
) and play psp games on it. about what size are iso or cso and how many can i fit on a 8gb card. A 16bg one?

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You should buy both of them
tongue.gif
... and next year buy 3DS. PSP and DS both are great. I like my PSP more because I have everything on it ... including my xxx video
smileipb2.png

EDIT: Average good game size around 400mb - 1.5gb. You can buy a photofast CR-5400.It can convert 2 micro SD to mem. stick pro duo. I use it with 2x8gb micro SD san disk (speed 2 class) WITHOUT any issues. with 16gb storage (15gb after format), I can have almost 30 games/ISO + 5 emulators (about 500mb roms total)

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do have a ds with acekard 2 and its awesome
biggrin.gif

what size memory card should i get to be satisfied with the games on it before i have to switch for more. maybe ill just have to adapt to not have a vast variety of choices at all times like a ds flashcart with a 8gb micro

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A PSP UMD can hold 1.8gig. But most iso around the net are ripped (some cutscene/sounds/updates...) and are much smaller, and some compressed to cso. iso on the net are generally around 500MB to 1.2ish GB. While some are much smaller. Most iso are small tho. A 8GB are quite cheap and are quite decent. Although its been like 2 years since i played my psp or read up on it so im not sure if iso sizes increased or if umd disks can not hole more data now.

Edit: PSP Emulator and homebrews are much better than the DS, but you could expect that as its more powerful. But the PSP scene has died out quite a while ago.

Edit: Don't want to bump this thread since its been old..
MLRX said:
How dead is "dead"?

QUOTE(Jolan @ Jul 12 2010, 09:24 PM) Well, there aren't updates for mostly everything but a few emulators and CFW, just to play the newer games.

Exactly, even CFW aren't updated anymore, newer game iso requires to be patched. But it really isn't as active anymore. There used to be many updates daily, but now even Dark Alex left the scene and he was the main person making custom firmwares.
It's not bad though, most emulators run quite well already and new game can still be played.

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
al5911 said:
Average good game size around 400mb - 1.5gb. You can buy a photofast CR-5400.It can convert 2 micro SD to mem. stick pro duo. I use it with 2x8gb micro SD san disk (speed 2 class) WITHOUT any issues. with 16gb storage (15gb after format), I can have almost 30 games/ISO + 5 emulators (about 500mb roms total)

This is exactly what I going to use
biggrin.gif
thanks

QUOTE(wtfisausername @ Jul 10 2010, 09:05 PM) But the PSP scene has died out quite a while ago.

How dead is "dead"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning