Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hey guys let me start off by saying that I'm feeling really stupid right now. I was playing Phantom Hourglass on my R4 and wanted to record some gameplay on DesMuME. So I put the game and converted the .sav to .dsv just fine and it ran well. However I stupidly deleted my .sav file but the .dsv file is still fine.

I figured since it was easy to convert the .sav to the .dsv that it would be easy to convert back... That doesn't seem to be the case. Everything that I try makes it so when I load up the game on my 3DS it wants me to create a new save file.

Let me list what I tried:
Converting the save right in DesMuME by clicking File>Export>Raw Sav didn't work
Using Shunyweb to convert .dsv to .sav didn't work and the file size was 21mb. Not 512 like the other ones
Using Shunyweb to convert the Raw Sav to .sav and that still didn't work and the file size was still wrong.

The name of the rom is Phantom Hourglass.nds and I tried naming all the save files that I tried either Phantom Hourglass.nds.sav or Phantom Hourglass.sav

I noticed with my other games many have two save files. For example my Heart Gold has these files:
Heart Gold.nds 275mb (game)
Heart Gold.nds.sav 512mb
Heart Gold.sav 8kb

Nothing that I tried gave me the 8kb file for Phantom Hourglass, but I don't remember one ever existing. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong and I keep racking my brain trying to figure it out. Now remember I still have the .dsv and it works fine on DesMuME but I still wanna get it back on my R4. I would post the direct link to the .dsv but I'm not entirely aware of GBAtemp's regulations when it comes to providing download links (even though I'm sure that it's fine since it would just be the .dsv and not the rom.) Thanks for any help guys, I tried to be as specific as possible.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shunyweb doesn't excist anymore I have just learned not a long time ago.
I also asked how it works for savefile. So make sure you need nds.sav.

Arudis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
File -> Export backup memory. Copy & Paste. done. Make sure the .sav file is in the same directory as your .nds file. should work just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended