Homebrew Question Need help compiling Meritous port (no rule to make target .nacp)

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm trying to compile the Meritous port for Switch because the current release can't read inputs and the deprecated hid Atmosphere option doesn't fix it (I'm going to assume it just needs to be recompiled with a more recent libnx), despite having little to zero knowledge of how to compile software. Anyways my first issue was getting it going it was looking for switch_rules in a specific directory, I didn't have that nor did I know what it was or where to get it, but there was a file called base_rules, so I just copied and renamed it to switch_rules. Then it started spitting errors about not having a bunch of SDL .h files, I just scoured the internet for SDL files related to the Switch and I threw them in there. It was getting pretty far along but now I'm stuck with this error:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target '/c/projects/switch/Meritous-Switch-1.0/meritous.nacp', needed by '/c/projects/switch/Meritous-Switch-1.0/meritous.nro'. Stop.
make: *** [Makefile:150: build] Error 2

I'm going to assume my issues is because I just renamed base_rules switch_rules, but I couldn't figure out any other way to get things going. Could anybody help me?

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to compile the Meritous port for Switch because the current release can't read inputs and the deprecated hid Atmosphere option doesn't fix it (I'm going to assume it just needs to be recompiled with a more recent libnx), despite having little to zero knowledge of how to compile software. Anyways my first issue was getting it going it was looking for switch_rules in a specific directory, I didn't have that nor did I know what it was or where to get it, but there was a file called base_rules, so I just copied and renamed it to switch_rules. Then it started spitting errors about not having a bunch of SDL .h files, I just scoured the internet for SDL files related to the Switch and I threw them in there. It was getting pretty far along but now I'm stuck with this error:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target '/c/projects/switch/Meritous-Switch-1.0/meritous.nacp', needed by '/c/projects/switch/Meritous-Switch-1.0/meritous.nro'. Stop.
make: *** [Makefile:150: build] Error 2

I'm going to assume my issues is because I just renamed base_rules switch_rules, but I couldn't figure out any other way to get things going. Could anybody help me?

switch_rules is in $DEVKITPRO/libnx/

either way it won’t compile until someone updates the sdl1 port so it works with the current libnx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls