[Need Help] Cleaning up SDCARD (MenuHax + Luma3DS)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Redirr, May 27, 2016.

1. Redirr
    OP

Redirr X11 Extreme.

Dec 4, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    I'll be very happy if you guys can help me.
    I setup a O3DS XL friends with Emunand with MENUHAX Boot.

"HE dont wanna let me do A9LH", less now that i bricked a NEW 3DS.

I need help not only about cleaning. But with boot. I Alredy asked it here, but inside luma thread. But couldnt solve my problem :
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

But now, lets talk about cleaning :

Root my SDCARD :
    Some files here it's from a old Rxtools step by step tutorial provide by Yakara.

luma "folder"

So my main problema it's about chance to failure with Luma3DS. Even we already have a chance to failure to boot menuhax, now i have a chance to boot Luma3DS. It's 2 chance of failure.

I tried to start a clean setup with Luma3DS, it's works and boot emunand, but i'm afraid some of this files a need.

2. spoonm

spoonm Can count to 3.

May 20, 2015
    Brazil
    If you're concerned about what files are really needed, I recommend backing up your SD card and going with a clean setup, like you said you tried to do.
    Work your way up from there, as you should know what you need and what you don't.

I suppose a list of files I have on my microSD card wouldn't be very helpful, would it?
    I can say you don't need CTRBootManager-related files, if all you're using is menuhax and Luma3DS. You're not using A9LH, so delete arm9loaderhax.bin.

3. Redirr
    OP

Redirr X11 Extreme.

Dec 4, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    So i did a setup from zero, but i'm afraid some this files are important.

For exemple : do i need "firmware.bin" and "code.bin" in root sd card?
    Because i need with rxtools. and about "slot0x25KeyX.bin" whats its for?

understand that i downloaded all of this files from a tutorial update from RXtools to Luma3DS.

4. spoonm

spoonm Can count to 3.

May 20, 2015
    Brazil
    The firmware.bin file inside the luma folder is NTR's. You can leave it there if you want, but it isn't strictly necessary, no.
    I don't know about code.bin, but I'm pretty sure it's not necessary, as I don't see it anywhere in my SD card.
    slot0x25KeyX.bin is not needed.