Hacking Need help choosing M3DS R or CycloDS

Axieu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm deciding on the M3DS Real Perfect or the CycloDS. Right now I'd like the M3DS Real Perfect because of the extra expansion pack and rumble included, and its cheap price. What are the disadvantages and advantages of both?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do not recommend the M3 Real in its current state (same with the G6R unfortunately).

If you don't mind the small wait, the CycloDS Evo will be in full stock soon. It was only recently that they sorted about some issues and eased a bit of the massive pre-order queue.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
I liked both carts, but for the money, I'd get the M3DSR since it's the exact same price as a CycloDS EVO and it comes with RAM and Rumble and built in GBA support.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I liked both carts, but for the money, I'd get the M3DSR since it's the exact same price as a CycloDS EVO and it comes with RAM and Rumble.

you said it
yaynds.gif

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
But cyclo ds evo comes in beautifull can-like box (as far as i saw it on photos from the web)
biggrin.gif

And seriously if you ever planning to use opera browser or try some gba games ( like gba advance or Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (must have for gba) ) you could buy m3 real, im shure they will fix any errors in future releases of firmware (it is m3 team for god sake).

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do not recommend the M3 Real in its current state (same with the G6R unfortunately).

If you don't mind the small wait, the CycloDS Evo will be in full stock soon. It was only recently that they sorted about some issues and eased a bit of the massive pre-order queue.

I agree with you 100%. It's not looking too good right now.

You could always get an EZ Flash 3 in 1 with a CycloDS Evolution.. Although that would be deathly expensive... Well, more expensive than the M3 Real.

~Nero

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YEAH MAN!!! Getting ahold of the Cyclo DS is a b1tch!
-BUT on the other hand...
I sent an email about homebrew i needed working to the M3/G6 team and they emailed me NEXT MORNING and had created an update so my DOOM ds And Rise of Triad DS would work. &&& They are working on another current problem which is Quake DS.

-BOTTOM LINE at least the G6/M3 team is VERY HELPFUL and will try to meet you needs like they did for me

-HaZeY

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YEAH MAN!!! Getting ahold of the Cyclo DS is a b1tch!
-BUT on the other hand...
I sent an email about homebrew i needed working to the M3/G6 team and they emailed me NEXT MORNING and had created an update so my DOOM ds And Rise of Triad DS would work. &&& They are working on another current problem which is Quake DS.

-BOTTOM LINE at least the G6/M3 team is VERY HELPFUL and will try to meet you needs like they did for me

-HaZeY

People have been complaining about the Ports of Doom/Quake/etc not working.

Are you guys sure it's a problem with the M3 Real and not the Homebrew itself?

~Nero

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure ad DSDOOM didn't work for me either. I'd still get a M3DSR as you don't need a tin case.

Here's the advantages of the M3DSR or the CycloDS EVO:
- Multiple save files, up to 4 at once
- GBA Linkage
- Built in GBA support
- Games with RAM/GBA, and Rumble card.
- Supports XML, DHT, and cheat database files.
- Faster loading times than the CycloDS EVO

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd go for the cyclo. I know that both of the teams are very helpful ( sent a question to m3, and got it back a day later, and I keep hearing that cyclo team is very helpful). But I don't like the looks of the build quality of m3 ds real, and there's a lot of bugs to fix on the m3 real. For the moment, I'd say cyclo, but if you can wait a few monthes for them to fix the bugs, take m3.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
- Faster loading times than the CycloDS EVO

Hmmm I might not agree with this one. I've owned both (though the firmware I used was relatively early - 1.1 or 1.2 beta was where I stopped) and I definitely think the Cyclo DS Evo is faster overall (loading the menu and games list, and the games themselves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8 +1