Hacking Need help choosing a flash cart for my 3DS XL.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,079
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi.

I recently bought a 3DS XL which has the FW 11.13.0-45E installed and as far as I can tell, Gateway 3DS isn't compatible, but Sky 3DS / Stargate 3DS is?

On trees.org it says that it supports the system version 11.13.0 U/E/J so I can order the Stargate 3DS cart, follow the instructions, drop the games I want and start playing? Admittedly, it is a bit expensive, almost as much as I paid for the 3DS, but I digress.

Thank you.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Install CFW with the guide, and don't bother with flashcards designed to play 3DS games. They don't work correctly with some games, most of them doesn't have support for the latest firmware, and they're pretty expensive. CFW is free, and is safer than using flashcards, and gives you more tools like cheats, trainers, homebrew, etc.
Also, if you're interested in a NDS flashcard, buy this one.

And well, if you're not interested in an easier way to play games, and you still want to use a 3DS flashcard, is better to buy a STARGATE.

EDIT: Also, about Stargate and Sky3DS+ being compatible with the latest firmware, the official Sky3DS site states that the last firmware they tested it with was 11.10.0-43x, and the official Stargate site has been shut down. I doubt any of those has any kind of support on the latest firmware.

Last edited by E1ite007,

Aether

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Install CFW with the guide, and don't bother with flashcards designed to play 3DS games. They don't work correctly with some games, most of them doesn't have support for the latest firmware, and they're pretty expensive. CFW is free, and is safer than using flashcards, and gives you more tools like cheats, trainers, homebrew, etc.
Also, if you're interested in a NDS flashcard, buy this one.

And well, if you're not interested in an easier way to play games, and you still want to use a 3DS flashcard, is better to buy a STARGATE.

EDIT: Also, about Stargate and Sky3DS+ being compatible with the latest firmware, the official Sky3DS site states that the last firmware they tested it with was 11.10.0-43x, and the official Stargate site has been shut down. I doubt any of those has any kind of support on the latest firmware.

While I can see why you would recommend CFW to someone I would like to add that a flashcard is a valid option as long as you understand the limitations of it.
SKY3DS+ (Firmware 1.40) works fine on the latest 3DS firmware as long as the ROM you use is the same region as your console AND unmodified.
In fact I just tested it for the sake of this thread. :P
If you want to keep your console unmodified and only care for 3DS games (not eShop/Out of Region games) then a flashcard is a perfectly valid option.

Just keep in mind that if you want to play online with a flashcard you will need a valid private header from a legit cartridge.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
While I can see why you would recommend CFW to someone I would like to add that a flashcard is a valid option as long as you understand the limitations of it.
SKY3DS+ (Firmware 1.40) works fine on the latest 3DS firmware as long as the ROM you use is the same region as your console AND unmodified.
In fact I just tested it for the sake of this thread. :P
If you want to keep your console unmodified and only care for 3DS games (not eShop/Out of Region games) then a flashcard is a perfectly valid option.

Just keep in mind that if you want to play online with a flashcard you will need a valid private header from a legit cartridge.
The mayor problem with flashcards is that they're not as cheap as CFW (which is free), and it's settin' them up sometimes requires the same effort as CFW requires for a beginner.
Anyway, OP hasn't replied yet, so we don't know which decision he made.

D

Deleted User

OP
The mayor problem with flashcards is that they're not as cheap as CFW (which is free), and it's settin' them up sometimes requires the same effort as CFW requires for a beginner.
Anyway, OP hasn't replied yet, so we don't know which decision he made.
I've made my decision. I'm going to CFW it thanks to your post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.