Hacking [Need Help] Black screen after updating emunand

gibsonito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got this weird issue when updating emunand. My sysnand is on 4.2 and so was my emunand. i've tried updating it (fw 9.9) using BBM and i always get a black screen after restarting rxtools. I've successfully updated emunand before using my 3ds and my friends 3ds with no problem. any thoughts on what I've missed?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.2 sysnand so I'm assuming O3DS. Which region is your system? Can you try flashing your old EmuNAND back on and using sysupdater (by profi200) instead? Maybe doing it manually created some kind of issue that sysupdater handles.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got this weird issue when updating emunand. My sysnand is on 4.2 and so was my emunand. i've tried updating it (fw 9.9) using BBM and i always get a black screen after restarting rxtools. I've successfully updated emunand before using my 3ds and my friends 3ds with no problem. any thoughts on what I've missed?
Out of curiosity, what version of rxtools are you using?

gibsonito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes Im using O3DS US ver. when you say flash my emunand do you mean like reformat it using gateway (yes I've done that as well, still getting the black screen)? I'm sorry I'm not really that familiar on how you should do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im using rxtools nightlies 2015-12-05.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you mean like reformat it using gateway (yes I've done that as well, still getting the black screen)?
im using rxtools nightlies 2015-12-05.
Make sure that you are generating the /firm/ folder by running cdn_firm.py in the Tools folder of RxTools.zip (need Python 2.7 installed) then copy that folder inside of SD:/rxTools/sys/<here>

Also, you can back up EmuNAND with EmuNAND Tool to create restore points if it ever bricks. Don't forget to unlink SysNAND after you get EmuNAND working, because when you formatted with Gateway, it copied SysNAND to your SD card in a hidden partition, and if they share the same /Nintendo 3DS/ folder then you will have strange issues with CIA installation, like the gift-wrapping bug.

gibsonito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. I already did those. I've unlinked SYS and EMUNAND and I was able to copy the firm folder to rxtools folder.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, then what if you hold your homemenuhax trigger button as you boot up EmuNAND? If that works, change your EmuNAND theme to uninstall homemenuhax for EmuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)