Need Help - Album booting Hekate instead of HBmenu

catimarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I need help! Recently, I tried to update my atmosphere and hekate through the AIO updater. After doing so, whenever I press the album and try to open the homebrew menu, it reboots into hekate. I’ve tried manually updating hekate and atmosphere and the problem still persists.

If anyone could help, I’d rlly appreciate it!

EDIT: This problem has been solved.

New problem:

Daybreak won’t launch even outside of applet mode. It gives the error code 2144-001.

Last edited by catimarie,

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would suggest setting aside your current setup and setting it back up fresh manually. AIO updaters and stuff are notorious for causing problems.

Right now it sounds like it might be running reboot-to-payload instead of hbmenu.nro though. As for how it would have gotten into that state, I have no idea.

I would make sure hbmenu.nro is correct at the root of your SD card, and hbl.nsp under atmosphere directory as well (compare with freshly downloaded files, to make sure they're the right file. The file name on its own is not enough.)

I suppose it's possible it might be crashing completely and reloading into hekate, but if it was crashing I would expect you'd at least see a crash screen. Unless that can be disabled in atmosphere settings? idk.

catimarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest setting aside your current setup and setting it back up fresh manually. AIO updaters and stuff are notorious for causing problems.

Right now it sounds like it might be running reboot-to-payload instead of hbmenu.nro though. As for how it would have gotten into that state, I have no idea.

I would make sure hbmenu.nro is correct at the root of your SD card, and hbl.nsp under atmosphere directory as well (compare with freshly downloaded files, to make sure they're the right file. The file name on its own is not enough.)

I suppose it's possible it might be crashing completely and reloading into hekate, but if it was crashing I would expect you'd at least see a crash screen. Unless that can be disabled in atmosphere settings? idk.

Well, I fixed the problem, I’m not sure exactly what fixed it. I updated AMS, Hekate, and sigpatches manually. I can get the hbmenu to work now. Thank you for your input anyway.

I am having a different problem now with Daybreak not launching and giving the error code 2144-001.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you use the specific version of daybreak included with the latest atmosphere? older versions may not work as they were (I assume?) built for older atmosphere-libs.

catimarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use the specific version of daybreak included with the latest atmosphere? older versions may not work as they were (I assume?) built for older atmosphere-libs.
Yes, I’m pretty sure I’ve been using the updated versions. There’s not multiple in the hbmenu and I’ve only used what came with the newest versions.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I need help! Recently, I tried to update my atmosphere and hekate through the AIO updater. After doing so, whenever I press the album and try to open the homebrew menu, it reboots into hekate. I’ve tried manually updating hekate and atmosphere and the problem still persists.

If anyone could help, I’d rlly appreciate it!

EDIT: This problem has been solved.

New problem:

Daybreak won’t launch even outside of applet mode. It gives the error code 2144-001.
How is your SD card formatted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: