Hacking Need help after updating 3ds to 11.14 version...

pedro_magalhaes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I foolishly updated my 3ds (with SkY3ds+ flashcart) today to system version 11.14 and now it is showing the arm11 error when booting.

I already downloaded latest version of luma (10.2.1) and put both files on root of sdcard (Note: i did not have those files there so i did not have to replace anything)
I tried starting it again with those files on root but got the same error.

if i boot with select + power i can see on top that it is still using luma3ds v10.0.1. I assum this is the version that is on ctrnand.

Then i tried booting into godmode (start+power) and tried some options but i really have no idea how to update the version of luma that is on ctrnand.

I am attaching some pictures... I hope my console is not bricked for good... Please help!

If you need me to post some more pictures please let me know...

Thanks,
Pedro

Attachments

• 3ds1.jpg
    3ds1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 187
  • 3ds2.jpg
    3ds2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 200

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's under the first option.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yep, just checked. from there, it's under scripts in plailect's guide, luma to ctrnand. you need luma 10.2.1 on the sd card for it to transfer to ctrnand.

pedro_magalhaes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I assume this is the option you are talking, right?
I just executed the script while having 10.2.1 versions of boot.firm and boot,3dsx on the root of sd card and it said operation was a success,
But the error persists and doing select + power still shows v.10.0.1 as the version installed... oh man.. :(

Attachments

• 3ds4.jpg
    3ds4.jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 3ds5.jpg
    3ds5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
  • 3ds9.jpg
    3ds9.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
  • 3ds8.jpg
    3ds8.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 3ds7.jpg
    3ds7.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 3ds6.jpg
    3ds6.jpg
    744.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 3ds10.jpg
    3ds10.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116

pedro_magalhaes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The .firm file is loading from the SD card as shown in the second screenshot in the OP. This means you didn't copy the boot.firm to your SD card properly.

But i just copied it to the root of sd card... isn't it the correct procedure?

btw, you should remove the sd card if you want it to boot from ctrnand. it won't if it's still inserted.

But until today it booted fine with the sd card inserted... the sd card fits into the sky3ds+ as shown here
I think the problem is, if i understood correctly, being unable to copy from sd card to ctrnand in the first place.

Here are the contents of the root of my sd card (the one that is inserted on sky3ds+ flashcart)

Attachments

• 3ds11.jpg
    3ds11.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
  • 3ds12.jpg
    3ds12.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 112

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But i just copied it to the root of sd card... isn't it the correct procedure?

But until today it booted fine with the sd card inserted... the sd card fits into the sky3ds+ as shown here
I think the problem is, if i understood correctly, being unable to copy from sd card to ctrnand in the first place.

Here are the contents of the root of my sd card (the one that is inserted on sky3ds+ flashcart)
You need the sd card root of the sd card if the console for the boot.firm. not the sky cart one.

Reactions: Alexander1970

pedro_magalhaes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man... you were right on the money... I found it odd in the first place that i didn't already have the files on the sd card as instructed. :)
It's booting fine again!
Thank you all for your help and sorry for my newbieness, if that word even exists :)

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls