Hacking Need guidance on getting CPS-2 & MAME to work via Retroarch.

JustWantsToPlayGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a complete romset, and am trying this with only one rom so far (X-Men: Children of the Atom). Whenever I try to run the game in the FBA CPS-2 that comes with the latest nightly Retroarch build, it doesn't run and states no items. I have also never gotten a MAME rom to run ever (tried on both my WiiU and my Vita, which I only hacked today - 3.68).

Everything I've googled comes to "update your romset". My assumption right now is that the rom isn't compatible with my installed version of CPS-2. I have no clue how to convert/update my ROM, and CPS-2/MAME versions are rarely mentioned, and on the rare occasions they are, it's not the version I have installed (nor do I even know if it's possible/practical to install a different version as a core for Retroarch).

Youtube only shows people successfully playing the games. I haven't been able to locate a guide out there to get me up to speed. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, and would go towards making my new hacked Vits experience an awesome one. Thank you for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc