So to celebrate, I've decided to start playing computer games again
biggrin.gif

Heres my specs (It's a laptop):
  • 1.86ghz Pentium M processor rated at 2.79ghz
  • 2GB Ram
  • 122mb intergrated grahpics card
  • 33gb free space
  • Running Windows 7 ultimate
I've already got the orange box but TF2 lags too much for me to even move, so if anyone has anyway for me to play it on these specs at a decent framerate then please post
smile.gif

Other than that I'm looking for a free-roaming game or RPG that can run on my specs. Other game genres will do aslong as i can run the game smoothly on this laptop.
biggrin.gif

I'm NOT looking for emulators to don't bother posting emulators as a sugestion

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Integrated gpu is going to be poor for modern 3d gaming. For some good rpg type games you could try Baldurs Gate 1/2, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights 1.

Most of those are old and don't rely on 3d acceleration, with the exception of NWN. For NWN make sure you have the latest gpu drivers from the manufacturer (not Windows default ones), it uses OpenGL. Something the Windows default drivers are generally crap at.

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
zeromac said:
Well i just finished my exams
hrth.gif

So to celebrate, I've decided to start playing computer games again
biggrin.gif

Heres my specs (It's a laptop):
  • 1.86ghz Pentium M processor rated at 2.79ghz
  • 2GB Ram
  • 122mb intergrated grahpics card
  • 33gb free space
  • Running Windows 7 ultimate
I've already got the orange box but TF2 lags too much for me to even move, so if anyone has anyway for me to play it on these specs at a decent framerate then please post
smile.gif

Other than that I'm looking for a free-roaming game or RPG that can run on my specs. Other game genres will do aslong as i can run the game smoothly on this laptop.
biggrin.gif

I'm NOT looking for emulators to don't bother posting emulators as a sugestion

Hazzah I finished this week too!.
Im currently downloading that new Dr Who game. (For us Aussies we gotta use a UK based proxy)

Ill post here again what I think of it.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its not exactly free roaming but try this RTS sins of a solar empire its great will have you hooked for hours.

prototype turn the graphics to min that may work for you

GTA san andreas multiplayer on some RPG sites took me 4 goes to get in to their server, but once you get in its pure RP, if you dont do the RP you get kicked from the server.

dungeons and dragons online is free too they have a low spec and a high spec version

megaten, lastchaos and if you like racing online and free project torque and last but not least shaiya is good too all these on this line are from aeria games

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Somehow, I highly doubt Prototype can run on his computer. For a start, the system reqs specify 256MB minimum video memory.

SoaSE might not be everybody's cup of tea. Personally I loved it, since it reminded me of Imperium Galactica 2, but galactic RTS games tend to have a very niche market, which rarely coincides with RPG players (for its lack of storyline) or FPS/Driving players (for its lack of speed and action). That, and the sys reqs say 128MB of vRAM, so it might be a lil slow running with only 122MB of shared vRAM.

To throw in another suggestion, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 worked well on a laptop with much lower specs. As a turn based RTS it might be a lil slow, but between my and my brother playing hotseat, it got very fun playing huge games that sometimes lasted all week. Now that I've got better laptops, I can also play HoMM5.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
never take game specs as gospel as some games do play below the stated specs, you can at least try

Sins well I stated this as more free roaming than anything else as its not a RPG game. yes it will runs slowly but most probably will work

Freelancer can be played online and also is free roaming and also there are loads of pure RP servers (space combat)

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm i might try those suggestions out but I'm looking for something like fable that will last me awhile (not necessarily replay value)

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Originality said:
Similar to Fable? How about The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowwind? I keep seeing it pop up in charity shops for £2, since it's so old, but it's supposed to be an epic game.
The Elder Scrolls? I've heard of 'The Elder Scrolls: Oblvion' Could my computer play that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs