Need gift ideas for my girl.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Anakir, Apr 30, 2008.

Apr 30, 2008

Need gift ideas for my girl. by Anakir at 5:59 PM (1,715 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Anakir
    OP

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    My girl's birthday is coming up. I don't know what to give her at all. It's kind of hard choosing for her.

I remember her saying that she wanted 99 roses, jokingly. So far, I gave her 2 since we've gone out. As one of the presents, I plan to give her 1 real rose, which leaves 96 left. So what I do is: fold 96 roses with paper and put them all, the real rose with the origami roses, in the same box.

My friend suggested writing a song for her. I never did this before, but I'm going to try. I'll write it in a card or something. I'll be giving her all of that after I take her out to dinner.

Plus, our anniversary is coming up. Not sure what to get her for this as well. I was planning to get a couple ring, but that might be a bit cliche. So, I gotta do something extra for her. I was thinking.. since I love painting. I could paint a portrait of us together.

Anyways, I'm pretty much stuck after that. Any other ideas? She means a lot to me, so I'm trying to get her something she'd keep for a long long time.

2. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    She wants 99 Roses ... ?

There's more than 99 here ...

[​IMG]

3. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    Cover yourself in chocolate and mail yourself to her.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    What I usually do is get her something that I've heard her say she would like and then I'd just walk around various shops, some I've never been in to look around for something she would like.

I'm sure you'd know what to get her once you saw something & this way you might choose something that you might have never thought of getting.

5. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I got my girlfriend DS and flashcart on her last birthday.
    This year I gave her a perfume from Anna Sui. Main reason being she wore makeup but not perfume, and one time we went shopping for perfume but gave up due to its high price.

For anniversary we're planning to go to Lumiere, a restaurant run by a chef who beat Iron Chef Morimoto before. I think it'll be like crazy expensive but it's only once a year.
    On the last anniversary we got a couple necklace (with heart shaped pendant attached to it, her heart slimmer and my heart bigger) but never really wore them =(

If you're unsure, you can always give her a choice between a surprise gift and what she wants. If she knows what she wants, easier job for you. If she wants a surprise then actually do one of the things you listed?

6. Anakir
    OP

Canada
    She's never really said what she wants. That's why it's driving me nuts to think of what to get her. The perfume seems like a good idea. She never uses perfume. She doesn't wear much make up either. Just eyeliner at most.

There is one store that she loves though. Swarovski. Those crystal figures.. I already got her swarovski earrings so I don't know if I should get her something else from swarovski. Maybe swarovski necklace to match the earrings.. wow I'm going to go crazy broke after this.

Don't think I'm going to get her games though since she usually just plays with my DS.. that I broke like a month ago lol. I still need to save up for that. But I'm not going to worry about that until I get her gifts first.

I'm liking the song idea so far, but I don't know how to play instruments. I'm decent at singing at least. Thanks for the input. I'm somewhat starting to get an idea, but still kind of stuck. It's driving me nuts.

7. zoharmodifier

Member zoharmodifier GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Swarovski is awesome. I'm a guy and I love that store for its figurines :3 A shame it's so freaking expensive.

If you're dedicated to that song idea, maybe you should get a few of your friends to help you out (some of them must play instruments right?). If you can sing, they can accompany on guitar or something.

8. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    I remember my friend getting his GF a chocolate dildo and she was pleasantly surprised, then again, I know that she is one of those "dirty girls". A normal girl would love it if you can actually show your affection through the gift in which you choose. Choose something that reflects her, such as her favorite colour, music, hobby and such, and don't get a dildo... that was a bad advice... [​IMG]

9. Anakir
    OP

Canada
    Rofl @ the chocolate dildo. Did she eat it? Actually, I might just add a joke present before actually giving her the real stuff. I tease my girl a lot. I like to watch her reaction 'cause she's has some of th cutest reactions sometimes.

I actually know quite a few people who can play the piano. I think I'll go for it. I just don't know what kind of tune and such to come up with. If worst comes to worst, I'll just pay him to make a tune for me lol.

10. ScuberSteve

ScuberSteve Newbie

[​IMG]
    Off-topic is close enough to testing =/

11. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    So by chocolate dildo, it's just chocolate shaped like a dildo?

Back in high school my friends got a strap-on and some other gear for a girl's birthday present.

At one of my parties I auctioned off a mystery box containing a furry leg-cuff. A girl who won the thing was so happy to find out it was a leg cuff because she was going off to visit her boyfriend in the states or something.

Joke gifts never fails as long as you have a real deal =P

12. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    yeah if shes over 17, get her a vibrator. doesnt have to be a penis shaped one, but vibrators are good presents for girls *nods*

rather than a expensive present, i reckon you should take her on a magical day out for her. like a super romantic picnic or something

and like someone else said, perfume is great because most girls want it but the prices are horrible. lol, i never buy my own perfume, my parents usually do. it works out lovely because i love wearing perfume but dont want to pay loads for it, and my parents want to buy me things (because they think it shows they love me) and since they dont really know me, its a great gift.

13. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Nah, it's a dildo shaped like a chocolate.

14. Raganook

Member Raganook Raganook

United States
    ^-------- My favorite

Anyways, speaking from the perspective of someone who is often in the same situation as you are, my best advice to you is to go where your talent lies; painting, music, song.

Let me put it to you this way: I am creatively untalented. I cannot draw, I cannot sing, I cannot make music. I would never be able to offer such a thing to the girl in my life. Well, I guess I could, but I'll save that for if I ever decide we need to part ways oO.

Something of that nature would not only be emotionally meaningful, but would also be memorable and unique to you two. I sincerely doubt that she will ever find someone else with the skill or dedication to make her a painting/song/etc.

Thats the birthday part...

...anniversary part: Don't do a promise ring. Promise rings are devoid of meaning, since they are now a pop-culture icon sort of thing. Especially since you are so creative, you can do much better than that. If you want to do something more material to balance out the birthday present, I think the perfume idea people have been mentioning is wonderful. For one of my anniversary gifts to Ms.Raganook, I bought a specified amount on a mall shopping card (lets say $500), and I took her on a shopping spree. I told her to pick a store, and in each store, I told her to find 3 things she really likes (since some girls, including mine, don't like "telling" you what they want, but are OK with showing you choices and having YOU pick). I picked the one that was in closest to $100, and if it was a tie, I would either talk to her to find out what she "really" wanted, or pick. We did this 5 times, so by the fifth she was like "really!? ANOTHER store!?". It worked out well [​IMG]

15. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Give her half a dozen roses, 5 real one fake and tell her you'll love her until the last on dies.

If a man did that to me, I'd probably go crazy for him. [​IMG] I'm a sucker "cutesy/cheesy" romantics.

Seriously thought, whats she like? What does she like to do? Think real hard--when you'll were in the store in the past few months was there something that caught her eye that she didn't buy but mentioned again at a later date?

I say start the day our serious and mid way give her a gag gift--something you know she wouldn't like but she's never professed her hate for verbally--then towards the end of the day, break out the real gift.

Oh! one more idea-I'm a gal and I love games so I suggest you buy lots of mini gifts. A 10$ Gift card, some candy, a pack of socks, a new gadget/toy of some sort thats cheap and let her find them in a treasure hunt.

That treasure hunt is either golden or shittake depending on the person, the gift choices, and weather but for me it would be cool so I recommend it.

16. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Rofl. So is spamming. [​IMG] As for the girl, give her some time with you. Lol, or you can give her a good time. [​IMG]

17. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    I was never really good with gift giving but I would recommend a mix of things so you won't go wrong and keep surprising her during the day.

Something classic, like roses or a nice scent. or a ring that you let her find. I once held onto a ring I wanted to give to my girlfriend for 1-2 weeks before I let her find it pinned inside my wallet. I couldn't figure out a way to give it to her but letting her find it herself was probably the best way.
    She loved it and wore it for 3 years, even after we broke up.

Something new and exciting you know she will be interested in.
    Find something that really matters to her. Something that shows you were listening and thinking of what was best for her.

And something sentimental like a song. It doesn't have to be your song even..just sing her something sweet. Or if you can't sing..play it . Or if you aren't musical write a poem, draw her a picture. Everyone has some kind of art they excell in. I just like singing because its really personal.

Anyway, hope it all goes well. Show her you appreciate her anyway you can.