Hacking Need general info about modded wii's and how to change my boot to USB Loader GX

Thrang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all,

I started to get interest in my wii (with a wiikey 2 in it) again. Some years ago the disc laser was screwed so I decided to softmod, and install all my games using USB Loader GX to an external HDD.
It works great. However it was years ago.

Right now I am lost in which IOS version I have, what wads are and general stuff like that. Also I know right now how to add more games to USB Loader GX. The ideal situation for me would be:

Wii starts up > Gets directly into USB Loader GX, with the ability to show the current inserted disk as well.
Is this possible? And how?

What is installed right now:
  • Homebrew channel Loader
  • Multi-Mod-Manager v13.4
  • Priiloader 0.3
  • usbloader_gx
  • ARCmod06_Offline
I got boot2 version: boot2v4
System menu v4.3 on IOS80
Console Region - Europe

Normally I would understand all of this but it doesnt make sense for me now. I tried to install priiloader, but it just sents me back to the homebrew channel. Any help would be great :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
- which is your Homebrew channel version ?
- Which IOS slot is using your Homebrew channel version ?
(both these info can be found in HBC > press home button > top right text info)

- Multi mod : no need.

- Priiloader 0.3 : outdated.
I'm not a priiloader expert, I'll wait for someone else to explain how to update it.
latest version is 0.8b or something like that.

- ARCmod : no idea what that is.

- USBGX :
you will have to update (or install) two things :
1. the actual homebrew, on SD card. find it here, extract to SD.
2. a forwarder channel, on the Wii. It will be used to launch the loader at console boot AND allows you to return directly into the loader when you exit a game.
install it with a wad manager.

- Autoboot the loader :
there are two methods, but I'll explain Priiloader method only for the moment. (the other method require Bootmii installed as boot2).

1. download this package
2. extract the file "forwarder.dol" located in /wad/forwarder/
3. copy forwarder.dol to SD card's root.

4. launch priiloader's hidden menu (You might need Priiloader 0.7 or newer!)
5. select "install dol" and load the forwarder.dol located on SD as "default dol at console's boot".

now it will boot USBLoaderGX automatically

Thrang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
- which is your Homebrew channel version ?
- Which IOS slot is using your Homebrew channel version ?
(both these info can be found in HBC > press home button > top right text info)

- Multi mod : no need.

- Priiloader 0.3 : outdated.
I'm not a priiloader expert, I'll wait for someone else to explain how to update it.
latest version is 0.8b or something like that.

- ARCmod : no idea what that is.

- USBGX :
you will have to update (or install) two things :
1. the actual homebrew, on SD card. find it here, extract to SD.
2. a forwarder channel, on the Wii. It will be used to launch the loader at console boot AND allows you to return directly into the loader when you exit a game.
install it with a wad manager.

- Autoboot the loader :
there are two methods, but I'll explain Priiloader method only for the moment. (the other method require Bootmii installed as boot2).

1. download this package
2. extract the file "forwarder.dol" located in /wad/forwarder/
3. copy forwarder.dol to SD card's root.

4. launch priiloader's hidden menu (You might need Priiloader 0.7 or newer!)
5. select "install dol" and load the forwarder.dol located on SD as "default dol at console's boot".

now it will boot USBLoaderGX automatically

HBC is 1.1.2
And the ios is IOS58 v24.32

I can only load priiloader with multimod. It has a wad manager as well so it might come in handy.

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Priiloader could be updated from within Priiloader itself, but Ive always just launched the new installer from HBC. And for the last few times I did install it I got the Priiloader 236mod found in the Modmii guide. It is the 0.7 version but if you have the 0.3 version that means you have an older Wiimote w/o the plus built in. Priiloader 0.8 is the only one that will work with the newer Wiimote+.

I do seem to remember having issues autobooting a file with older Priiloader but I run 0.7 now. I set both the Autoboot and Return To option to Installed File (my GX forwarder). That way when I'm done with a game I go back to GX not the SM or HBC (easier for my nieces and nephews). Only down side is I keep both my apps folder and all my games on my USB drive so if it isn't attached I have to hold reset button to boot Priiloader or just watch an infinite boot loop (GX forwarder not being able to find app). On the other hand just disconnecting my drive makes my Wii useless to any but me...

If that ARCmod06_Offline is AnyRegion Changer, like i suspect it is, you may want to get rid of it. It has caused many bricks from people forgetting to change either the syconfig file or installing the SM first (seems like there is a third install to change regions I'm forgetting).
There is an app called WiiMod 3.2, it also has a lite version but w/o region changer, that has a few more sanity checks built in. Also just to get to the section to change region you have to go through a few menus asking if you really want to do it.
I've personally only used WiiMod for the wad manager part but it also has an app loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol