Hacking Need For Speed slow scenery loading ingame.

thehof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, ive just tried Need for speed and got it working (gamma 0.3 002# fix)

In two crucial missions (new missions wont show up until I finish them) the scenery takes like 3-4 seconds before showing up, hard to explain, its like im driving faster than the world can be loaded and eventually i drive faster than everything and the game freezes while it catches up.

Does anyone else have this problem, im also experiancing some similar problems in spiderman.

I must edmit that im using cheap DVD+r discs at 8X
wink.gif

I can hear the drive working its ass of making loud noises to.

Its the discs right?

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't comment for everyone else, but i get a similar kind of thing as well, i think its where the loaders only run at 3x.

I'm driving along and then the whole track disapears and then, like you said comes back a few seconds later.

I don't think theres anything you can do about it apart from buy an original or mod chip.

So, no I don't think it's the discs, although I would recomend Verbatim -r's.

Best of the BEST

D

Deleted User

well, 3x speed ain't enough for NFS. Get a chip, an original or pause when you are faster than everything.

thehof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ill just save those games for later when either the loaders support 6x (have no clue how that would happen) or when i get a chip.

Does all drive chips use 6x default disc speeds?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a WiiKey 1 and the backup still won't load it fast enough, meaning it still freezes occasionally and resets the car on the road. Burned on a Sony DVD-R at 4x. Stick to originals.
wink.gif

EDIT: Yes, mod chips load at 6x, including WiiKey 1.

thehof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the replies
smile.gif

Think I have a couple of other games having some minor bugs because of 3x, ill just save those and get a chip then.

BTW: Do i need to know anything about soldering and stuff?

D

Deleted User

Maybe.. If you ain't an expert, get either an expert to do the job for you or get a solderless chip.

You also have to open the wii up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?