PS1/2 Need for Speed Most Wanted Codebreaker cheats not working (installed from Day1 files from THIS site)

Reshiram_Addict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Day1 files from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/codebre...-codes-added-manually-are-not-working.546981/

But not all of them are working!!

In fact, NONE of the cheats for Need for Speed Most Wanted are working! I made sure that the "enable code (must be on) IS DEFINITELY ON but NONE of the cheats that I tried are working! I even tried every cheat one at a time (only one enabled at a time) and still none of them are working for me!

for example, I tried the "max cash" code but my cash is NOT maxed out! It is the SAME as it ALWAYS has been before I tried any cheats.

I have Codebreaker 9.2 that is preinstalled with Free McBoot.

Does anybody have a working Day1 file?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I downloaded Day1 files from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/codebre...-codes-added-manually-are-not-working.546981/

But not all of them are working!!

In fact, NONE of the cheats for Need for Speed Most Wanted are working! I made sure that the "enable code (must be on) IS DEFINITELY ON but NONE of the cheats that I tried are working! I even tried every cheat one at a time (only one enabled at a time) and still none of them are working for me!

for example, I tried the "max cash" code but my cash is NOT maxed out! It is the SAME as it ALWAYS has been before I tried any cheats.

I have Codebreaker 9.2 that is preinstalled with Free McBoot.

Does anybody have a working Day1 file?

Hello.:)

Do you have the BLACK Edition or the Normal Version of Need for Speed - Most Wanted ?

May i please ask how is your procedure on getting your cheats to the game ?

Is it like this one ?

- Power on your PlayStation 2
- Load Codebreaker from FMCB Menu or via uLaunchELF ?
- When choosing Codes in Codebreaker are you saving this also ?
(When choosing a Game/Cheats and go back to the Main screen of Codebreaker it maybe asks for Saving)
- When you then "Start" the Game/leave Codebreaker are you back on uLaunchELF or do you get into Open PS2 Loader ?
- Are your Games on HDD or do play it from DVD ?

Please be so kind and tell us your procedure.

Attached are the Cheats for the 2 NTSC Versions of Most Wanted for you.
They work 100% because they are from here:
http://www.codetwink.com/cheats.php

Thank you for Reading and helping us to helping you.:)

Attachments

• Documents.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 322

Reshiram_Addict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the normal version, not the black version and I have the NTSC-U version.

the attached file does not work either :(

I launched codebreaker 9.2 from the menu, added the day1 file, turned on "max cash" and the must be on cheat, went to 'start game' it brought me into ulaunchelf, I selected the CDFS and selected SLUS_21267 and the game ran but the cheats are not working. I tried other cheats as well, they are not working either

This exact method works flawlessly for Gran Turismo 3 and 4

If the game is burned, I just go into MC1, then to Boot, then to ESR, and cheats work flawlessly there as well.

Last edited by Reshiram_Addict,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have the normal version, not the black version and I have the NTSC-U version.

the attached file does not work either :(

I launched codebreaker 9.2 from the menu, added the day1 file, turned on "max cash" and the must be on cheat, went to 'start game' it brought me into ulaunchelf, I selected the CDFS and selected SLUS_21267 and the game ran but the cheats are not working. I tried other cheats as well, they are not working either

This exact method works flawlessly for Gran Turismo 3 and 4

If the game is burned, I just go into MC1, then to Boot, then to ESR, and cheats work flawlessly there as well.

Thank you for your reply and your detailed Infos.:yay:

It seems all ok.

From the normal Version on Most Wanted there are two Revisions:

V1.01 md5 4c21a55f71f9936fe48b20319047e6d6 *Need for Speed - Most Wanted (USA) (v1.01)
v2.00 md5 566a6e7255142d4c909ae74529cd90bd *Need for Speed - Most Wanted (USA) (v2.00)

"Maybe" it "fails" on this....:(

This is the Master/Enable Code I looked over,this one is identical on all Code Sites.

Enable Code (Must Be On)
B4336FA9 4DFEFB79
87FC61CC DDEA7D79
1DE2E257 0FDCF091
87BB1655 84E553AC

Max Cash
8CCBA8C9 C2095EAF

EDIT This Code is not needed !!!

This one is for Codebreaker V9.0 (maybe it works):

(M)Must Be On
F4451F5C B7F0C6AA

Max Cash
24D00728 1651E13D
2503DAC6 FC25DACA

Also you can use a Cheat:

You can enter it at the Start menu before pressing any other buttons.
You receive a confirmation when the code is activated.

R1, L1, Up, Down, X, X, X - Get $100,000

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I have checked it now and the Cheats work.:)

You are surely know you have to

Complete the first 3 Races before the GAME really starts ?

P1320413.JPG P1320414.JPG P1320415.JPG P1320416.JPG P1320417.JPG P1320418.JPGP1320411.JPGP1320412.JPG

Thank you and have fun on Racing now. :yay:

Reshiram_Addict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are not working for me. :(

I have completed three races, I am using it on a save that is about 15% game complete. 100,000 isn't what I want anyway, I just don't want to have to worry about money period.

How can I tell if I have 1.01 or 2.00?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Those are not working for me. :(

I have completed three races, I am using it on a save that is about 15% game complete. 100,000 isn't what I want anyway, I just don't want to have to worry about money period.

How can I tell if I have 1.01 or 2.00?

I am sorry to hear that it stll not works....I do not have any idea why it do not work on your PlayStation 2.You said other codes/games works.:(

I have you posted the md5 hashes in the answer above from redump.org.

V1.01 md5 4c21a55f71f9936fe48b20319047e6d6 *Need for Speed - Most Wanted (USA) (v1.01)
v2.00 md5 566a6e7255142d4c909ae74529cd90bd *Need for Speed - Most Wanted (USA) (v2.00)

I am pretty sure I have tried v1.01 but I do not have an original Disc.:(
I played Most Wanted only on PC.:P

The only difference from you is that I play the games on an PHAT PlayStation 2 with Open PS2 Loader from HDD.:unsure:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I have tried BOTH Versions and the Cheats worked on both.:)

Attached is a VMC save file (MOST WANTED.bin) created with Most Wanted v1.01 and then further used with v2.00.
And a Folder for directly copy to your Memory Card.
It continues after the first 3 Races.
(I think you know how to get it on your Memory Card) :)

I hope it helps you a little to getting back fun on Most Wanted.

Thank you.:)

Attachments

• MOST WANTED.zip
    38 KB · Views: 227
  • BASLUS-21267-Seppi.zip
    27.6 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: zfreeman

TheViper4Life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this thread is old, I'm sorry for bumping it...but Google brought me here as I'm having the same issue as the OP.

I'm running Codebreaker 10 via FMCB, then have Most Wanted (regular version) on disc. None of the codes work. I've tried several of them and none activate, but Codebreaker works fine for other games via disc or OPL So I went ahead and grabbed an .iso of Most Wanted (v2.00) to see if that would work instead, ran it through OPL and still nothing.

Also while I'm here...I can't get the FMCB Codebreaker to recognize .cbc Day 1 files. I've put them in several different area on my HDD. It detects the HDD just fine, but never the .cbc file. Is it even possible this way? Or am I missing a step?

Thanks.

TheViper4Life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CB10 does not accept .CBC files. You would need an earlier version (e.g. v9.2) to use .CBC files. Also, they are only accepted from USB FAT32.

When opening both .ISOs on your computer, what are the IDs in each disc image?
Oh really? I didn't know that, I'll have to check out 9.2 then. It's a 500GB external HDD formatted for FAT32 that I'm using specifically for my PS2.

I'm not sure how to check the ID for an ISO.

EDIT: I really can't win for losing with Codebreaker. 9.2 reads the day 1 file, but it just gives me an "out of memory" error code after trying to install it.

EDIT 2: Day 1 file error aside. I had to manually add Most Wanted to 9.2. Added the Enable code and "Max Infinite NOS". Still doesn't work. I had a Codebreaker back in the day and I know this code worked perfectly.

Also has anyone had codes successfully work with Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3? The game doesn't even load when testing it, that's even with CB10. I get the PS2 logo, then infinite black screen.

Last edited by TheViper4Life,

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Codebreaker has like a 4-8MB limit. It's maxed out of space, so it will say there's an error, and codes won't work because they are incomplete. Delete game entries to free up space. Start with Suikoden and GTA; they have a lot of codes.

If games aren't working right in OPL, that's usually a sign that the game needs a compatibility mode. Try one at a time. If it boots fine without codes, then cheats are probably interfering.

Last edited by zfreeman,

TheViper4Life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Codebreaker has like a 4-8MB limit. It's maxed out of space, so it will say there's an error, and codes won't work because they are incomplete. Delete game entries to free up space. Start with Suikoden and GTA; they have a lot of codes.

If games aren't working right in OPL, that's usually a sign that the game needs a compatibility mode. Try one at a time. If it boots fine without codes, then cheats are probably interfering.
Hmmm, it's strange the file size for CB9.2 is 3.2MB and the Day 1 file is only 1.4KB, it should be plenty of room. But I'll delete some things I don't care about.

How do I check the ID for an ISO though, so I can answer your earlier question?

EDIT: I don't know...I deleted a bunch of things, including Suikoden and GTA...and the Day 1 is still giving me that Error Code. It's just BT3 with 22 cheats versus the literal thousands I just deleted. And that's just to test...I can't even add this much less anything else.

TheViper4Life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the necrobump, but I wanted to post this in case it helps anyone in the future. I can't believe it's been over 2 years. But I wanted to come here to report that after all this time, I FINALLY got codes to work with NFS Most Wanted...and it was a very simple fix.

So everything that I tried was:
physical Codebreaker disc with a physical version of NFS Most Wanted
Physical Codebreaker disc with ISO of game (v2.00)
Codebreaker 9.2 from FMCB with my disc
Codebreaker 9.2 with my ISO file.
Cheat Device from FMCB with Physical Disc
Cheat Device with ISO file

None of this worked and I eventually gave up (but it doesn't feel like it's been 2 years). But I decided to get back to it today...this time I used OPL Manager and went through the whole process of creating RAW cheats with ps2rd. And that showed some promise, but ultimately didn't work. It was promising because the Max Infinite NOS code was crashing the game whenever you used all the NOS and it would attempt to refill, then when I used "Infinite NOS Usage" the game didn't crash but it stopped the NOS from refilling at all...which was telling me something (likely the Enable Code) was being recognized.

I was kind of out of options then realized something...I went back to check the ISO file I had downloaded and remembered that it was labeled as a v2.00, and there was a v1.01 to download as well. So I downloaded that, and sure enough...the Codebreaker 9.2 works flawlessly. Whatever this v2.00 is, the codes just flat out don't work for it...I'm assuming they need their own set of Codebreaker codes and they just aren't available out there. Which also likely means my disc of Most Wanted is this v2.00 as well.

Also I had an ISO of the Most Wanted Black Edition downloaded as well...I could have sworn I checked that and thought it too didn't work. But apparently not, I started it up and had no save file or anything and Codebreaker 9.2 works with it as well. I swear I remember checking it, but apparently not. That or recently updating the very latest version of OPL fixed something.

But yeah, this v2.00 might also be the version the OP had as well and the CB codes that circulate the net and are on Codetwink might only work for v1.01.

Also I was very new to FMCB and OPL at the time, so I realize I didn't understand a lot of what the OP and Alexander were talking about above, but either way I never could get codes to work with 2.00.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them