Gaming Need easy to follow guide to fix Castlevania: POR

maurerdj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Phat DS with a M3 where I stick stuff in the NDA and GBA slot. I have a 2GB scan disk. I know next to nothing about computers, and I ma having trouble getting Castlevania:PoR to work. I looked on the thread under the official rom listing, but I am still having problems. There seems to be several settings which worked, but people kept mentioning something about the speed of the memory disk. Can someone please provide a step by step guide which explains how to fix the speed of the scan disk and exactly what settings I should use for the M3 V35e Game Manager.

Thank you for the help.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try patch with no soft reset and put it on safe mode (or whatever it is called now). Other than that, there would be no other way to fix POR unless you want to try formatting the card into an optimal cluster configuration (probably won't work).

maurerdj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try patch with no soft reset and put it on safe mode (or whatever it is called now). Other than that, there would be no other way to fix POR unless you want to try formatting the card into an optimal cluster configuration (probably won't work).

This didn't work. Can you explain the cluster configuration please? I just want to exhaust every effort before I go out an buy the game.
smile.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm afraid there's nothing you can do. Sandisk cards are just not fast enough to run POR. Using certain formats may make the game perform a little better but it will still crash. (this has been tested by many different people, they all get the same result)

On the bright side the game has been out for a while so it's not that expensive
smile.gif

(to everyone else; shut up about "scan disk", he said at the beginning he's not that familiar with computers so let's just play nice okies?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night