Need DS Phat repair tutorials

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Joy Hammer, Jul 4, 2008.

Jul 4, 2008
  1. Joy Hammer
    OP

Newcomer Joy Hammer Newbie

Canada
    Hi, first post here!

I'm resurrecting my DS Phat, and already ordered a new shell and touchscreen, triwing, and some screen protectors (only $12!). I'm looking for a good tutorial on replacing the shell, and more importantly a good tutorial on how to replace the touchscreen. I'm OK with small device repairs but I only ordered one and don't want to risk messing it up. Just about anything I find using google/youtube involve just the DS lite.

Any help appreciated!

2. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
  3. Joy Hammer
    OP

Canada
    this looks good, thanks!

4. Joy Hammer
    OP

Canada
    It looks like there is some kind of sticky gasket material holding the touchscreen to the lcd. I can't tell though if it stayed with the lcd or the touchscreen when he took it off..

5. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
  6. Joy Hammer
    OP

Canada
    Well I went through with it! I replaced the shell with a new black one, and put in a new touchscreen as well. For the most part reassembly was easy, with a few spots needing to be filed with a small nail file. I prefered the original buttons so I kept those as well. Overall it was incredibly easy, and I now have a DS Phat that's as good as new!