Hacking need definitive answer

ap0x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone. Haven't done any wii hacking in a while, and have been reading forums all morning
just wanted a quick confirmation on what i've read

i'm still on 3.2U w/ homebrew channel installed
i've got no backup loader or anything, basically just a couple of wiiware games and stuff, haven't played w/ wii for a while

i'm looking to get a usb loader up and running

from what i've read, basically no need to update to 4.2U
just follow guides available and upgrade the necessary cIOSes

basically, just wanted to find out the basic steps of what i need to do:
i've got homebrew installed, so i should install bootMii on boot2, and then just follow the guide?

any suggestions from people who've done similar upgrades from 3.2u?

thanks! much appreciated

-ap0x

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Take the website off please
wink2.gif

Its an illegal site.

Edit: All i did was install the latest CIOS and played from my USB with the latest neogammer

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to confirm: it is CIOS, loader and patching (if any) that determine compatibility. The main only reason to be at a specific system menu is to either
1) Have a feature that the system menu affords: SD wiiware and VC copying (pointless while homebrew exists in my opinion)
2) Use system menu hacks for a given version: starfall, startpatch, preloader and the like all target a given menu or have hacks that only work for certain versions of the menu (purely because it is a pain to port hacks to various menus).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.