Need an URL for use with Wiitch

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by OriginalHamster, Sep 28, 2010.

Sep 28, 2010
  1. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    This is my case, I don´t have access to my notebook ´cause the charger is broken, I need download a file from internet, and I only can access to it through Wii, so I can use an app called Wiitch, BUT I need the direct download URL (www.internet.com/file.jpg for ex.) in order to download it to my SD, the file I need is WiiXplorer Channel v8 (v5 design).

Thanks =)

P.D.: an alternative download link could be great, in case one doesn´t work. Keep in mind that I will type the whole link manually, please keep a short URL if possible =P

2. FragAguy

Member FragAguy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
  3. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    I need a direct link =P, Wiitch doesn´t support things like MU, RS, MF, etc... Thanks thought

4. FragAguy

Member FragAguy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
  5. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    It worked, but the app created a corrupted file =(, I don´t know how delete it =P, thanks anyway =)

6. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    A .zip would be no good for him. I'm guessing he needs a .wad so he can install it with a wad manager, I don't think (I might be wrong) there is a released wad manager that support .zip.

Anyway, if it helps I've downloaded that wad and renamed it from WiiXplorer Channel v5 Design.wad to w.wad

LINK -> REMOVED - dont try to download this with Wiitch people. I've moved files around, so the url wont work now.

imho it would be easier to take your SD card to a friends house, work, library or an internet cafe and get things that way.

7. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    It works!!!
    Thanks alot [​IMG]

8. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Glad I could help.

If Wiitch is open source it could be changed to download things to diff folders and more etc, but I don't think it is. Shame as it could help some people out in similar situations.

lol...no it couldn't unless they already had it...which they wouldn't....DOH ! !

ignore me please [​IMG] (unless you are TheStripper, or have the sources) [​IMG]

*EDIT* The wad is no longer at that url as it's not needed anymore.