Need an URL for use with Wiitch

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by OriginalHamster, Sep 28, 2010.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    This is my case, I don´t have access to my notebook ´cause the charger is broken, I need download a file from internet, and I only can access to it through Wii, so I can use an app called Wiitch, BUT I need the direct download URL (www.internet.com/file.jpg for ex.) in order to download it to my SD, the file I need is WiiXplorer Channel v8 (v5 design).

Thanks =)

P.D.: an alternative download link could be great, in case one doesn´t work. Keep in mind that I will type the whole link manually, please keep a short URL if possible =P

2. FragAguy

FragAguy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 25, 2009
    Netherlands
    Behind you.
  3. OriginalHamster
    OP

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I need a direct link =P, Wiitch doesn´t support things like MU, RS, MF, etc... Thanks thought

4. FragAguy

FragAguy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 25, 2009
    Netherlands
    Behind you.
  5. OriginalHamster
    OP

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    It worked, but the app created a corrupted file =(, I don´t know how delete it =P, thanks anyway =)

6. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    A .zip would be no good for him. I'm guessing he needs a .wad so he can install it with a wad manager, I don't think (I might be wrong) there is a released wad manager that support .zip.

Anyway, if it helps I've downloaded that wad and renamed it from WiiXplorer Channel v5 Design.wad to w.wad

LINK -> REMOVED - dont try to download this with Wiitch people. I've moved files around, so the url wont work now.

imho it would be easier to take your SD card to a friends house, work, library or an internet cafe and get things that way.

7. OriginalHamster
    OP

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    It works!!!
    Thanks alot [​IMG]

8. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    Glad I could help.

If Wiitch is open source it could be changed to download things to diff folders and more etc, but I don't think it is. Shame as it could help some people out in similar situations.

lol...no it couldn't unless they already had it...which they wouldn't....DOH ! !

ignore me please [​IMG] (unless you are TheStripper, or have the sources) [​IMG]

*EDIT* The wad is no longer at that url as it's not needed anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice