Hacking Need an idiot proof rxTools guide for N3DS

pizzadk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried for 2 days now to get rxTools working and i simply cannot do it. I feel like screaming. Maybe i'm just dumb or something but it simply won't work.
Can anybody please make a FULL working guide?
this one: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...ce7AWYmjp5Cq2LxfQ9cDr0/edit#heading=h.3j2qqm3 doesnt work

I once got to where it launched and everything and only game me this error: NATIVE_FIRM: 4
After that i just fucked shit up.

I have a N3DS 9.2 EU and Cubic Ninja cartridge

Last edited by pizzadk,
Reactions: SLiV3R

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
That guide is outdated. It works only for October nightlies.
No need in cetk file. Use cake 9.5 encrypted firm instead of rei. Name it 0004013820000002.bin and put into firm folder.
Also it's better to create backup / format emunand using gateway launcher.
And for some reason i couldn't install fbi using HBL FBI in emunand. Had to install it to sysnand, then create emunand based on this.

Reactions: MelonGx

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need in cetk file. Use cake 9.5 encrypted firm instead of rei. Name it 0004013820000002.bin and put into firm folder.
And for some reason i couldn't install fbi using HBL FBI in emunand. Had to install it to sysnand, then create emunand based on this.
lol did you even read the link
first it says pasta not cakes is easier and pasta does not need cetk file either
also
the guide says to do this
so if pasta is easy and the guide makes that clear and it sets up emunand properly uses a tried and tested version of rxtools
what is so great about a newer therefore less tested cfw ? . . . also if you want to help people because the guide is outdated then make your own new and updated guide
the fact is hundreds have used this guide

pizzadk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the guide linked above for the 10-2 build? i would really like to also be able to play DS games

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the guide linked above for the 10-2 build? i would really like to also be able to play DS games
it points you to the 9-11 build but if you want you can use the 10-2 (i dont have a link) but if you want ds roms then you need a ds flashcard. cfw will allow 3ds/3dsware/dsiware/gba/snes/nes/gb(c)/sega roms all in .cia format

Last edited by wormdood,

pizzadk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it points you to the 9-11 build but if you want you can use the 10-2 (i dont have a link) but if you want ds roms then you need a ds flashcard. cfw will allow 3ds/3dsware/dsiware/gba/snes/nes/gb(c)/sega roms all in .cia format
Used the guide although i used my Cubic Ninja cartridge to access HBL. Same as before. Black screen when i start rxTools and if im lucky i get the rxTools logo on the top screen.

pizzadk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As soon as i launch rxTools now i just get kicked back to HBL instantly
EDIT: i now see the rxtools logo at the top screen. A and Y does nothing. neither does holding L

Last edited by pizzadk,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which of pastaCFW and cakesCFW is best?
. . .wait . . . what ? . . .how? . . .dude, rxtools comes after emunand after and choosing between cakes and pasta if you did not pick one install it then do step two then thats why rxtools wont work for you please dont skip around

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: Quantumcat

pizzadk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when you first boot rxtools you need to hold the "L" button
Oh shit thank you so much. I'm now on RX-E 9.2.0. Do i need to hold L every time i boot up rxTools? Also where do i go from now? I wanna install some CIA games. Also should i unlink NANDS?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

. . .wait . . . what ? . . .how? . . .dude, rxtools comes after emunand after and choosing between cakes and pasta if you did not pick one install it then do step two then thats why rxtools wont work for you please dont skip around
Didnt skip any steps. rxTools has just been a bitch to me for 2 days straight.

Last edited by pizzadk,

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit thank you so much. I'm now on RX-E 9.2.0. Do i need to hold L every time i boot up rxTools? Also where do i go from now? I wanna install some CIA games

Yes, you need to hold L button every time on power up.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit thank you so much. I'm now on RX-E 9.2.0. Do i need to hold L every time i boot up rxTools? Also where do i go from now? I wanna install some CIA games

k as long as you got it working and no you should not need to hold "L" each time most only need too do that once if your firmware .bin is incorrect then you may need to hold "L" each time
and you use the cia installer you installed before you created emunand to install .cia games

Last edited by wormdood,

pizzadk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
k as long as you got it working and no you should not need to hold "L" each time most only need too do that once if your firmware .bin is incorrect then you may need to hold "L" each time
and you use the cia installer you installed before you created emunand to install .cia games
Should i not unlink my NANDS? Also do i need to be on emuNAND and then install the games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.