Hardware Need an estimation for my used computer

If I sell this computer on an auction, would you try to buy it?

• Not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but not over 300$

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes, but not over 500$

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yes, but not over 750$

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Yes, but not over 1000$

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes, but not over 1250$

• Yes, but not over 1500$

• Yes, maybe over 1500$ (please specify how much in comment)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,
I want to sell my computer very soon in order to get a new one.
However, I tryed to search tools on google to get an estimate of its value, burt none of them apply to it since I bought it in a best buy store few years ago and customised it recently. I would like to know how much you think I could sale my computer. How much would you be ready to pay for it?
Here are its specs :

Bought new in March 2012 :
Brand : Acer
CPU : Intel core i7-2600 3,40 GHz
RAM : 16GB
HDD : 2TB (1,8 TB usable)
Ports : 4x USB 2.0 on the top, 6x USB 2.0 behind, 4x USB 3.0 behind, microsd reader in front, sd reader in front

Customised in December 2014 :
Power Supply : 550W
Optical Drive : Bluray Reader/Writer 8x
GPU : Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB

How about you? How much would you be ready to pay for it?
Thanks a lot

garrlker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has good specs, don't market it as a gaming rig though. Just put "Office Machine/Work Station". I did that to one of my old computers, called it a gaming rig because I has swapped the cpu out, installed more ram and a video card, and no offers. Bring it back on there a couple months later as "dedicated work computer" and within the week it was sold.
For this try to sell it for around $600-$650
Edit: but if your going to your local craiglists, prolly better to start on $550/$500. People just don't want to spend a lot on a computer unless it's from a super store :(

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Personally I don't think I'd ever pay more than $500-600 for such a computer. The i7-2600 isn't a bad CPU by any means and should be more than enough for quite a while more, but it's a 2nd-gen i7 which at this point is starting to become somewhat aged. The GTX760 isn't too bad either, but it's also a generation behind meaning that its value is limited.

Other than that I'm more or less seeing standard components.

O.O Around 600$
Alright.... The graphics card alone was bough in December 2014 for about 290$
A new stronger GTX 960 can be had for about $200 which is what really limits the value of your GTX 760.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember coming into several PCs that my family member didn't want anymore. I gutted a "gaming PC" and removed the (at the time) 8800GT graphics card, cooling fans and downgraded the 1TB HDD to a 250GB one that was lying around. Sold instantly for £100.

Then I tried to place the card and HDD into a nice spare case and a working motherboard. Never sold for 2 months and I ended up donating the PC to a family friend.

I guess in your case, you can either go for the $500 route and you'll be sitting on it for a while, and as each month passes by, the components no longer looks attractive even though they're more than good enough for modern gaming, people will always want the newest and shinest thing.

But I do recommend gutting it out and selling the components for parts. Your graphics card will still be valuable to someone wanting to upgrade their card and not their entire PC. Then (if you have them) downgrade the RAM to 8GB, replace the motherboard/CPU with a cheapo one and hey presto, you can sell it as a basic "no frills" PC.

loco365

Trophies
XP
If I had a job and weren't poor, I'd buy it for $500. Mostly the usage behind it, as well as the fact that Acer isn't a brand known for quality products.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the market. 750 is the highest, 500 would be the absolute lowest. Average for yhat power would be around $650.. The Blu-ray drive and 760 are what put it up there. The Sandy bridge i7 is nice, but it's now hiding closer to the bottom in terms of today's standards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth