War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I wan tto make my iTunes/iPod a little more lively, so i figured, why not add album art to my songs? Problem is, I have a BUNCH of songs, and it would be a pain to go through them one by one and add them all in manually... so I was wondering, anyone know a (hopefully freeware) program for Windows that will download album art for my songs and embed it in them?

I found a program called TuneSleeve which does basically that, if anyone is confused by my lousy explanation. However, it's not free, and the free version only allows you to use 5 of the album art covers it found >__>

Thanks in advance!

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm a fan of Cover Flow myself, if that's what you're doing this for.
But, I go through my 500+ library and manually tag them myself.

You can copy the URL of the album art or search for the album art yourself on this website.

Just devote 30 minutes a day or so to tagging and adding album art to your music files and you'll have them done before ya know it.

It's a pain in the ass, I know - But I think it's quite worth it as I love Cover Flow.

/dumbass Apple fan who waste time on tagging music files

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hmm... if there is, I could try it. Since supposedly, foobar works with iPods... that would work.

I found 2 in the Apple site, but the problem is, they require me to have an iTunes account... and I don't, because iTunes FORCES you to have a credit card tied in to your account. :\

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well.. as I don't have any Ipod, I don't know how it all works, but if it is whole albums you have, I think Windows media player adds it automaticly
tongue.gif
yay!

I'm glad I don't have to do anything with my 3200+ song library
biggrin.gif
(which most is whole albums though)

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i had the same problem a while back. My guess is that you are illegaly downloading your music. The reason i know that is because itunes normally puts in albulm art when it is downloaded and has proper tags. Websites that cost money always put proper tags so unless itunes doesnt have the albulm it should go by itself.

Also if you have the latest itunes go make an account. Go to advanced and then go to get album art. With that anything that has a proper tag on it or atleast has the album name on it will be downloaded free of charge to your itunes.

Also when you set up itunes did you let it organize your library? i think if you say know when music gets imported into your library it doesnt get art work.

p.s. I also download the music the way you do so i am not yelling at you or nothing
biggrin.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
have you tried letting itunes find them first? i did this and it found about 70 percent of my albums automatically, i then just copied and pasted the rest.

i've never bought any songs from itunes either, i titled them myself - if they had the right artist name and album name itunes filled in the rest of the info

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i had the same problem a while back. My guess is that you are illegaly downloading your music. The reason i know that is because itunes normally puts in albulm art when it is downloaded and has proper tags. Websites that cost money always put proper tags so unless itunes doesnt have the albulm it should go by itself.

I seem to have the same problem every time i buy a new CD and want to transfer it to my Ipod.

I've been using Tag & Rename for a while. It's ok, but it doesn't do batch processing. It only does folder processing, but it does have file tagging and cover art tagging.

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I seem to have the same problem every time i buy a new CD and want to transfer it to my Ipod.

I've been using Tag & Rename for a while. It's ok, but it doesn't do batch processing. It only does folder processing, but it does have file tagging and cover art tagging.
See my above post, MP3Tag. It's freeware.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ya, i love cover flow
smile.gif
on my itouch its kind of fun,
tongue.gif
anyway, i just find my own art and ya.. but that can be a huge hassle
wacko.gif
ya.. im still looking for that thing your asking for O_O sry, i didn't help at all but..
frown.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I know two great tools that will definitely help you out.

1) Mediamonkey. Lets you select a songs of an album and Mediamonkey will search amazon (or w/e) for album info like tags, album info, and album art. Decent and works well once you know how to use it.

2) MusicBrainz Picard. Fuck yeah, if you have full albums and need proper tagging, this is the app that'll AUTOMAGICKLY tag them. With a certain plug in it'll also add album art. Works best on full albums and you might want double check all corrections if you go ahead and auto tag your whole library, so I suggest you try it out a few albums at a time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs