UrkeytaY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Step 1 - Installing Homebrew Channel and Bootmii

a. On your wii's main menu, click the SD Menu icon. Afterwards, insert the SD Card into the Wii. A Pop up saying Load boot.dol/elf? should appear. Select Yes.

b. The Hackmii Installer should now run. Make sure to install Homebrew Channel and Bootmii as an IOS and/or boot2. Always install it as boot2 if your wii can.

Step 2 - Restoring The Bug Into IOS36

a) Load and Homebrew Channel and run DOP-IOS MOD, on the IOS Selection Screen, press down on the d-pad then A on the wiimote. You should now be in the trucha bug restorer portion of DOP-IOS MOD. Load IOS36 and select Downgrade IOS15. Each time it asks, select 'Load From NUS'
Make sure you get no errors. If Loading IOS36 doesn't work for this step, press B for no IOS reload when asked to load IOS.

b) Run DOP-IOS MOD again, on the IOS Selection Screen, press down on the d-pad and press A. Load IOS15 and choose IOS36 Menu. Make sure to install the patched IOS36 with all these patches selected:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash Check (trucha) Yes
ES_Identify Yes
NAND Permissions Yes

Then Press A on Install Patched IOS36. Again, everytime it asks, choose 'Load from NUS'

c) Re-run DOP-IOS MOD one more time, on the IOS Selection screen, press down on the d-pad and then A on the wiimote. Press B for 'No IOS Reload' and select Restore IOS15. Each time it asks, select 'Load from NUS'

Once done, return to homebrew channel and continue the tutorial

Step 3 - Delete The Stubbed IOS

a)Re-run Homebrew Channel and Load Any Title Deleter DB. If you get any errors just press A. Then select System Titles and press A. Then, select IOS222 and press A to delete. Do the same for IOS223, IOS249 and IOS250.

Step 4 - Installing cIOS249-rev14

3) Re-run Homebrew Channel and load cIOS38-rev14 Installer. Choose IOS36 and press A and then choose Network Install (requires wi-fi ) or Wad Install and press A.

cIOS38 (IOS249) Installed.

Step 5 - Install and Patch A Few More IOS

a) Load up homebrew, then load up DOP-IOS MOD. Load IOS36 or IOS249, browse for the IOS, Navigate to IOS53, press A to install and say yes for Sig Hash Check (Trucha Bug). Do the same for IOS55. Next press home to return to homebrew channel.

b) Load up homebrew channel once more, then load up WAD Manager. Load IOS249, navigate to the wad folder, highlight IOS60patched.wad and press A. Make sure action is set to install and Install the wad. After a successful install, Press Home to go back to homebrew channel. Do the same for IOS70patched.wad. Make Sure the action is Set to INSTALL!

(Optional) Step 6 - Hermes' IOS222 and IOS223

a) Load Homebrew Channel and then WAD Manager
b) Use default settings (IOS249 and SD Card), browse into the wad folder. Highlight cIOS202[38+60].wad and press A. Set the action to install and install it. Do the same for cIOS222[38].wad and cIOS223[38+37].wad

So long story short, I've used this guide a few times modding mine and a few friends Wiis. The other night I was modding another one and I got to the last step quoted above. Instead of highlighting cIOS202[38+60].wad from the wad manager, I accidentally installed IOS249.wad. Now I can't bypass the last step, the wad manager and trying to install cIOS249-rev14 again just freezes up.

So yeah, how can I fix this? I believe I need to somehow get CIOS rev 14 ios 249 back on there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UrkeytaY said:
QUOTE said:
Step 1 - Installing Homebrew Channel and Bootmii

a. On your wii's main menu, click the SD Menu icon. Afterwards, insert the SD Card into the Wii. A Pop up saying Load boot.dol/elf? should appear. Select Yes.

b. The Hackmii Installer should now run. Make sure to install Homebrew Channel and Bootmii as an IOS and/or boot2. Always install it as boot2 if your wii can.

Step 2 - Restoring The Bug Into IOS36

a) Load and Homebrew Channel and run DOP-IOS MOD, on the IOS Selection Screen, press down on the d-pad then A on the wiimote. You should now be in the trucha bug restorer portion of DOP-IOS MOD. Load IOS36 and select Downgrade IOS15. Each time it asks, select 'Load From NUS'
Make sure you get no errors. If Loading IOS36 doesn't work for this step, press B for no IOS reload when asked to load IOS.

b) Run DOP-IOS MOD again, on the IOS Selection Screen, press down on the d-pad and press A. Load IOS15 and choose IOS36 Menu. Make sure to install the patched IOS36 with all these patches selected:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash Check (trucha) Yes
ES_Identify Yes
NAND Permissions Yes

Then Press A on Install Patched IOS36. Again, everytime it asks, choose 'Load from NUS'

c) Re-run DOP-IOS MOD one more time, on the IOS Selection screen, press down on the d-pad and then A on the wiimote. Press B for 'No IOS Reload' and select Restore IOS15. Each time it asks, select 'Load from NUS'

Once done, return to homebrew channel and continue the tutorial

Step 3 - Delete The Stubbed IOS

a)Re-run Homebrew Channel and Load Any Title Deleter DB. If you get any errors just press A. Then select System Titles and press A. Then, select IOS222 and press A to delete. Do the same for IOS223, IOS249 and IOS250.

Step 4 - Installing cIOS249-rev14

3) Re-run Homebrew Channel and load cIOS38-rev14 Installer. Choose IOS36 and press A and then choose Network Install (requires wi-fi ) or Wad Install and press A.

cIOS38 (IOS249) Installed.

Step 5 - Install and Patch A Few More IOS

a) Load up homebrew, then load up DOP-IOS MOD. Load IOS36 or IOS249, browse for the IOS, Navigate to IOS53, press A to install and say yes for Sig Hash Check (Trucha Bug). Do the same for IOS55. Next press home to return to homebrew channel.

b) Load up homebrew channel once more, then load up WAD Manager. Load IOS249, navigate to the wad folder, highlight IOS60patched.wad and press A. Make sure action is set to install and Install the wad. After a successful install, Press Home to go back to homebrew channel. Do the same for IOS70patched.wad. Make Sure the action is Set to INSTALL!

(Optional) Step 6 - Hermes' IOS222 and IOS223

a) Load Homebrew Channel and then WAD Manager
b) Use default settings (IOS249 and SD Card), browse into the wad folder. Highlight cIOS202[38+60].wad and press A. Set the action to install and install it. Do the same for cIOS222[38].wad and cIOS223[38+37].wad

So long story short, I've used this guide a few times modding mine and a few friends Wiis. The other night I was modding another one and I got to the last step quoted above. Instead of highlighting cIOS202[38+60].wad from the wad manager, I accidentally installed IOS249.wad. Now I can't bypass the last step, the wad manager and trying to install cIOS249-rev14 again just freezes up.

So yeah, how can I fix this? I believe I need to somehow get CIOS rev 14 ios 249 back on there.

Anyone have any ideas?
Use WAD Manager set to IOS36 and uninstall IOS249.wad

UrkeytaY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeahhhhhh!!!!

Thanks a TON tattar8!

worked like a dream...I thought about doing that, but I'm glad someone else suggested it.

ROCK N ROLL!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/