Hardware NEED ADVICE!! Replacing the Polarization Filter on the GBA SP AGS-001

dada2206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
My GBA SP started to have bubble on the screen, and the polarization filter is burned. Now i want to replace the polarization filter, but as i researched, i have to split the screen and the frontlit. But when i split the frontlit, will the frontlit get damaged. In theory, as i split those two and not damage the cable, then i work with the polarization filter, then i re-attact them together (by using loca?) and it should work, right? or it forbid to split the frontlit and the screen?

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any images for reference? do you mean this LCD assembly?
pgCAkF2.jpg

I'm currently trying to figure out how to backlight this sucker personally so I'm also interested in any related information (though I'm referring to the reflective layer at the back, not the polarizing film over the backlight itself though probably better if I make my own thread if this is unrelated... But it sounds closely related or maybe there's a misunderstanding.

gorgyrip

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can easily split the screen from the frontlight. You need to desolder the 2 spots on the flex cable. The frontlight it's not glued to the screen. On the margins there's some double tape (black). But i guess some loca will improve a little the quality. About the polarized filter I think you will need a circular one. Good luck finding that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)