Need advice on which Video Card to buy.

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Nujui, May 31, 2012.

May 31, 2012
  1. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    From a recent thread I've made here, I've determined that my graphics card is dying and is in need of a replacement. My parents said they can buy me one, though I'm on a 50 dollar budget and it has to be on amazon as that's where they have 50 dollars. Was wondering if anyone knew of any decent cards to that price? I just need a good working card.

2. marcus134

Member marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    in your price range I see the hd6450 wich seems to be the most powerful I can find for less than 50$ however, it's hard to see if this card will be more powerful than your 2600.
    if you can go a bit higher, you can get this one: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814131441

3. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Bump: Wanted too see if anyone has any other suggestions :)

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    $50 is not exactly a healthy budget for a graphics card. Your options are very limited.

The mid-range of graphics cards tends to be between $100-180. $250+ gets you the high end graphics cards. The more money you spend, the more powerful it will be. The price is almost always scaled by the power of the graphics card. Since you're stuck to a very low budget, I'd suggest the HD 6450 too. It's possible to get a HD 6570 for $60, but that's above your budget.