Hacking Need advice in choosing a flashcart

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiidslover said:
i Really like the R4 its fast and has a good interface, and its all drag and drop.

That pretty much describes any cart these days.
smile.gif

Malae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also need an opinion here, currently looking at an R4 right now....why would it matter which one? Is there a certain limit to the flash card that won't allow any more than micro sd at (X) size or something? Even so if it is I don't mind having more than 1 micro sd card at 2gb each size.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Malae said:
Also need an opinion here, currently looking at an R4 right now....why would it matter which one? Is there a certain limit to the flash card that won't allow any more than micro sd at (X) size or something? Even so if it is I don't mind having more than 1 micro sd card at 2gb each size.
Recommend you get the cyclods the best thing thats out.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Malae said:
Well I'd like to know about those other questions too.

http://www.itechextreme.com/product_details.php?pid=2
Found that and it comes with a microSD card, looking at cyclods you have to purchase it seperately and it's going to be another 20 with the card and shipping.
It's actually recommended not to buy there. Evil Flashcart Dealers They are most likely going to sell a bad clone. If you still want a R4, get it from realhotstuff.com and Dealextreme. Buy the Micro SD separately. It's way cheaper when you do normally(especially at an online store like newegg). If you want a decent flash cart that was cheap like the R4 originally was, get an Acekard2, DSTT, or SCDS One. Some expensive(ish) ones include the Acekard RPG and Cyclo DS.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
Malae said:
Well I'd like to know about those other questions too.

http://www.itechextreme.com/product_details.php?pid=2
Found that and it comes with a microSD card, looking at cyclods you have to purchase it seperately and it's going to be another 20 with the card and shipping.
It's actually recommended not to buy there. Evil Flashcart Dealers They are most likely going to sell a bad clone. If you still want a R4, get it from realhotstuff.com and Dealextreme. Buy the Micro SD separately. It's way cheaper when you do normally(especially at an online store like newegg). If you want a decent flash cart that was cheap like the R4 originally was, get an Acekard2, DSTT, or SCDS One. Some expensive(ish) ones include the Acekard RPG and Cyclo DS.
yeah im gonna go with buying them seperatly
even thought it's gonna cost me extra for overnight shipping for each site.
its 19$ for that plus two seperate sites...38$ extra
oh well thats what I get for moving overseas for 2months

Edit:no for the r4,m gonna get the CyclosDS& Transcend 4GB Micro SDHC Flash Card.
It seems better

Malae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks for the notification on that. I almost was going to buy it. Walmart sells micro sd cards 2gb for about 14$ now...might just end up getting a cyclods after all.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Malae said:
Wow, thanks for the notification on that. I almost was going to buy it. Walmart sells micro sd cards 2gb for about 14$ now...might just end up getting a cyclods after all.
Psst, you can get 2 gig MicroSD cards for around 2-3$ at Buy.com I believe if you use Google Checkout.

Malae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CycloDS Evolution supports any MicroSD (up to 2GB) and any MicroSDHC (theoretically up to 32GB)... I just read about it. No point in buying a 4gb if it doesn't support it. Also I'm buying 2 Micro SD cards and 2 CycloDS (one for a friend).

Dsparil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kais said:
Im gonna get the CyclosDS& Transcend 4GB Micro SDHC Flash Card.
My problem is I am currently in palistine,and will so be for another two months.
My brother who is coming to visit me told me to order whatever I need to his address,and he will be able to get it.
He will be leaving there and coming to palistine by may,12.
Unfortunately,time is running short I need a website that has both of those Items in stock and has fast shipping
...overnight shipping...or 2day shipping.
I am doing some searching for that,but any help would also be appreciated.

That's the exact setup I have with my CycloDS. The Transcend is the best choice as the A-Data also has problems with the enhanced menu as of firmware 1.30+. The only solution to the problem is to format the A-Data to FAT16 with 64k clusters instead of FAT32. I also have and tested the games you listed and all of them work flawlessly.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Malae said:
The CycloDS Evolution supports any MicroSD (up to 2GB) and any MicroSDHC (theoretically up to 32GB)... I just read about it. No point in buying a 4gb if it doesn't support it. Also I'm buying 2 Micro SD cards and 2 CycloDS (one for a friend).

Uhhhhh... It supports it. It supports both MicroSD and Micro SDHC, which means it can take any micro sds. Including anything over 2 gigs. Read the stuff carefully.....

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as an FYI, I have a new Adata 4gig class 6, with newer batch Cyclo DS, firmware 1.42 B, and I have3 no problems with enhanced menu. At all. Not saying that it isnt possible, but just wanted to throw that out there. As far as the flashcart, Cyclo DS all the way. No doubt

Malae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz, I read it clearly, directly from their website in fact. I states any MicroSD (up to 2GB) and any MicroSDHC (theoretically up to 32GB), up to is a cut off point. If it supported higher than it really did why wouldn't they just come out and say it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It was the 70's....we were just experimenting.