Hacking Need advice, going to buy 3DS!

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
OTPless would randomly brick the console so 2 days ago it was removed from the guide as the dev couldn't fix the bricks.

But since I installed it fine, do I still have a risk of randomly bricking (when updating A9LH for example), or were the bricks happening randomly part of the installation process?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
But since I installed it fine, do I still have a risk of randomly bricking (when updating A9LH for example), or were the bricks happening randomly part of the installation process?

As part of the installation process. Once you have a9lh you will not need to do "otpless" ever again to update it, so you don't have to worry.
Some people randomly broke their consoles due to the "race timing" of the hack failing on them, sometimes due to bad SD cards, some other were unidentified. But after you've "won the race" and got a9lh, you're safe of OTPless. :)

Reactions: Distrance

f1steve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got my 3dsxl in the post. its a blue metallic one and the Serial is QEF1003 which according to the guide says it has firmware 11.0 installed.

I've not opened the box yet, is it possible to downgrade 11.0 or should I return it?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I just got my 3dsxl in the post. its a blue metallic one and the Serial is QEF1003 which according to the guide says it has firmware 11.0 installed.

I've not opened the box yet, is it possible to downgrade 11.0 or should I return it?

You can downgrade via hardmod or via Dsiwarehax if you have a friend with an a9lh haxxed 3ds that transfers the game with the hacked save so you can downgrade.

Alternatively, if it's truly 11.0 look for a way to homebrew it and get legends of exidia from the eshop by spoofing your system version without updating. 11.0/11.1 may soon get a way to do dsiware downgrade with only one 3ds.

f1steve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help. sadly I don't know anyone who owns a 3ds so option 1 is out and I really don't like the idea of sending it to someone.
I guess I'll just return it :(

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help. sadly I don't know anyone who owns a 3ds so option 1 is out and I really don't like the idea of sending it to someone.
I guess I'll just return it :(
gamesquest1 can be trusted. Many members here have sent their 3DSs to him for modification (myself included) and he also repaired my N64.

Reactions: Quantumcat

f1steve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gamesquest1 can be trusted. Many members here have sent their 3DSs to him for modification (myself included) and he also repaired my N64.
I'm sure he can but I have no spare cash to pay for it or the couriers and tbh I really needed this for xmas.

thanks anyway, just my damn luck to get an 11.0

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure he can but I have no spare cash to pay for it or the couriers and tbh I really needed this for xmas.

thanks anyway, just my damn luck to get an 11.0
Fair enough. Your best bet would probably be to buy a second hand one. That way you can know in advance what FW version it is.

f1steve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fair enough. Your best bet would probably be to buy a second hand one. That way you can know in advance what FW version it is.

Good call! hehe, that is what I've decided to do tomorrow. I'll take this back and theres 2 shops in my town that sell 2nd hand consoles, I'll check them out.

What firmware should I be looking for. 9.2 or under?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Good call! hehe, that is what I've decided to do tomorrow. I'll take this back and theres 2 shops in my town that sell 2nd hand consoles, I'll check them out.

What firmware should I be looking for. 9.2 or under?
9.2 and under would be the easiest, but as long as it's 10.7 or below you will be able to downgrade it to 9.2 and then fully exploit it.

f1steve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Found a 2nd hand 3ds, its got firmware 9.4.0-21E on it.. didn't buy it because I don't know if its moddable. if I find out it is, I'll go back and buy it.

Edited: bad memory lol.

Last edited by f1steve,

f1steve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I just went back and bought it. no stylus but I guess I can buy a replacement should I need one.
the exact version number is: 9.4.0-21E (okay its 9.4 not 9.6, I got it wrong.. but hopefully its moddable.)

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it may be too late....check pawnshops if possible.....they will let you check them out before you buy one.....

EDIT: Yup, I was too late....well, maybe someone else that reads this tread can take my advice to try pawnshops :)

Last edited by Dvdxploitr,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: