Hardware Need advice for a fan controller (see post for specifics)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I'll be building a PC this summer and I think that a fan controller would be a very good addition, both functionally and aesthetically. However, I'm looking for something very specific and not having very much luck... What I'm looking for is a fan controller that...
-Uses either a single 5.25" or 3.5" drive bay
-Has an LCD screen to view information
-Uses a knob/dial to change settings (preferably a single large one)
-Can accommodate at least two fans, preferably at least three if it's good enough to control the CPU fan
-CAN RUN AUTOMATICALLY BASED ON SETTINGS (this is a big one)
-Is in a <$40 price range

I've seen a few controllers that use four LED lighted knobs to manually control the speed of the fans; I don't want one of those, as they are not automatic and the knobs are spaced way too close together for what I would like to do (I am looking to modify it slightly so it will fit with the steampunk theme my case will eventually have)

Anyway, thank you for looking, and if you have any suggestions please link them with your reply so that I can research them a bit more :)

3DSXLGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this isn't helpful but more then likely you will be able to control your fan through the motherboard. I have a low budget z-97a that lets me do that through the bios. Literally ticks all your boxes except for aesthetics as there aren't any.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this isn't helpful but more then likely you will be able to control your fan through the motherboard. I have a low budget z-97a that lets me do that through the bios. Literally ticks all your boxes except for aesthetics as there aren't any.
speaking of which, wouldnt this this work? http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php (assuming the fans are plugged into the mobo)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM