Need advice about restoring/reinjecting RedNAND into SD Card

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by edugr10, Mar 31, 2017.

1. edugr10
    OP

edugr10 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2014
    Brazil
    - 64GB SD card got damaged and I now can't load Rednand.

- I have tons of games, DLC and updates installed on external HDD via USB Helper and WUP Installer.

- Want to buy another card, restore Rednand to the way it was before.

- Back when I made this hack, I used sdios Nand Manager to back up the mlc, slc and slccmpt Rednand files, all of which I have currently on my PC.

Question is: can I use sdios Nand Manager or a similar app to inject the rednand files into the new card and continue to access all the games I have installed on the HDD?

If that's not possible, will I be able to access those games if I create a new Rednand again from scratch (by inserting a brand new card into the Wii U and loading .fw file)?

Thanks in advance.

2. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Last edited by jbuck1975, Apr 1, 2017
  3. edugr10
    OP

edugr10 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2014
    Brazil
    Thanks, this is the part you're talking about, right?

---

How to transfer redNAND to another SD Card
    • Dump redNAND to your PC. Follow either the Windows or Linux section. You should end up with 3 files: 1 for SLC, SLCCMPT, and MLC.
    • Backup your data from the SD card.
    • Place cfwbooter and the fw.img file on your new SD card, put it in your Wii U and start the dumper like usual.
    • Once it formats the SD card, press and hold the power button until the system turns off. This should take a couple of seconds.
    • Take the SD card and put it back into your computer.
    • Inject the 3 files you dumped earlier to the SD card.
    • Once all that is done, transfer all the data from your old SD card to the new one.
    • Put the SD card back into your Wii U and boot redNAND.
    ---

My question though is if I do this will I be able to access the games I have installed on my HDD just like before?