1. Masked

Masked GBAtemp Regular

United States
    QFT. If you are serious about your acne, never drink anything but water and drink a lot of it (especially avoid sodas) except maybe some juice in the morning or something, and avoid processed (especially those that are high in sugar) foods too. Also make sure to get a good face wash, start with something mild like maybe something for salycitic acid as the active ingredient but if that doesn't work then I'd suggest using something with benozyl peroxide. There is no cure for acne other than Accutane, which isn't even a guaranteed cure... I'd suggest only using Accutane as an extreme last resort. (Also NEVER pick your acne, EVER)

2. sjones900

OP sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    Wow I never new that it was so much hard work to maintain acne. But I will not go down without a fight. [​IMG]

3. RebelX

RebelX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Don't waste money on Proactive and Clean & Clear, just get Oxy from your local grocery store for, I don't know, about maybe $10 or less.

4. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Um, no.
    Never, ever buy OTC (over the counter) medicine. NEVER! They're just there to make a quick buck.

5. martin88

martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Even the doctor prescribe over the counter acne medicine. Most of them are benzoyl peroxide.

6. RebelX

RebelX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah pretty much every single acne medication uses benzoyl peroxide (I can't think of one that doesn't). Plus, I use it and it works great.

7. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    When I had a breakout, I just stopped eating red meat. It helped a lot. I used to never really wash my face either when I was a lot younger. Always snacked on junk food as well. I changed my eating habits (I went back to red meat now, but it's perfectly fine) and I always clean my face now. Changing your diet usually helps.

Personal question though, how bad is your acne?

And for those of you who actually don't have acne and don't wash your face, you might be lucky, you won't know it yet. I have a friend who had clear skin until he turned 20. He started breaking out after that. So, you might not know when it'll hit you. [​IMG] Better to get it earlier than later.

8. LagunaCid

LagunaCid GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Go to a doctor, and get some prescription thing. I forgot the name of the medicine, but there is one that is like, the BFG of acne removal. It dries the hell out of your skin, though, so you'll need some creams.

9. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Accutane, and it's only used in really severe cases. Most doctors will never prescribe it because one of the side-effects is suicidal thoughts [​IMG] .

10. martin88

martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    No. The most common over the counter acne medicine uses 5% benzoyl peroxide, like the Persa-Gel 5.

In fact, it is the one with 10% benzoyl peroxide that you need prescription for. (ie. Persa-Gel 10)

11. coolbho3000

coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Fools! I wash my face with only 100% benzoyl peroxide and hydrochloric acid solution straight from the lab!

EDIT: Kikkoman also works wonderfully.

12. kevenka

kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Lately I have just been eating healthy and washing my face with soap. I still break out a little but not much as I use to...I think it has to deal with stress/diet/and cleaning off the bacteria(hence the soap)

13. H8TR

H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
  14. coolbho3000

coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

It's 20% HCL, 80% Benzoyl Peroxide. Together they make 100% Benzoyl Peroxide and hydrochloric acid solution. I then treat with Kikkoman Soy Sauce treatment.

15. Sonicslasher

Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

United States
    Fifth'ded'ded'ded'd

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Cream,