OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I have this new 3ds xl that was pre-modded when I bought it. it had link between worlds downloaded off the freeshop, which I love. well, the freeshop stopped working at one point so now I bought samus returns but it won't let me play it without an update. so I guess I'm saying it would be awesome if I could play both somehow, but I will settle for a solution that will unmod my device, I can buy the zelda for it. I wonder if I can just update it officially and get rid of the mod that way, or if there is a factory reset to use, or do I have to go through a tedious process of figuring out what I have installed and how to uninstall it? I have no experience in 3ds modding, none. I have, however once soft-modded my Wii, which I remember was an f****** ordeal but it worked. what would you do here?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
System Settings -> Other -> System Update -> Profit

You will probably get an error saying "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patches". If that's the case put the file "boot.firm" here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v9.1/Luma3DSv9.1.7z in the SD card.

EDIT: Actually, what is the 3DS firmware version? (Can be found in system settings) And what's the Luma version? (Hold Select while booting)

Last edited by PabloMK7,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

cafevincent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Last edited by cafevincent,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now I bought samus returns but it won't let me play it without an update. so I guess I'm saying it would be awesome if I could play both somehow,
we can keep cfw and boot the game please send me a pic of the sd cards contents so i may help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Luma 6.3.1, system 11.3.0-36e

I dare not try this unless really needed. is it? what does that even do??
did not see this
ok so do this A9LH to B9S - 3DS Hacks Guide then you can safely update while keeping cfw and boot your cartage

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: PabloMK7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.